Couple questions/Introduction

Roundabout136

Reaction score
New to the forum. Been looking around for a few weeks though, doing my research. Got the Droid X a few weeks ago also.

I had my upgrade for a while, but I was sitting on it hoping something amazing would come out. After 2.5 years with the LG Dare, I couldn't stand that POS anymore.

Went to best buy and got the Droid Incrdible for free. Couldn't beat that price. I really liked the phone. To cut the story short, I returned it and got the Droid X for 50 bucks. Now that was a good deal.

Ok, I've got a few simple questions.

1) Why can't you adjust the media volume when you're in vibrate mode? If i'm trying to play a game in class I'd have to raise the volume of the phone, and go into settings and turn it all the way down, then go back into vibrate. Does anyone know of some other way to do this while already in vibrate mode? I looked for media volume widgets and found nothing.

2) I have been doing my research about rooting the phone. I'm pretty confident I know everything I would have to do in order to root it correctly. Really isn't too hard to figure out when there's step by step threads on here...

But what I want to know, is by rooting and installing a rom like Liberty or ect, does this physically hurt the security of the phone in any way?

Also, If I were to root and install a rom, does it erase all my current data/apps? What if I just rooted, does that erase back to factory settings?

I'm sure i'll think of a couple more questions as the day goes on, so I might be editing this.

Thanks guys.

Jnear92

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the second question but as far as the first one goes you can only adjust the media volume when you are actually using media like watching a video our paying a game and you can do that while in vibrate mode

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App