couple questions about the browser

[email protected]

Reaction score
A week ago I bought the LG Ally (my first smart phone) but after a week I returned it for a Droid 2 and I absolutely love it.
Anyway my two questions about the web browser on the Droid 2 are below:

1) When you have a webpage open is there any way to "minimize" the window so you can access text messages or any other notifications I receive while I have the browser open?

2) While I'm at work I plug my phone into the charger and stream radio through a radio station's website on the browser. While I'm streaming the audio the screen stays on. If I hit the button to turn off the display the audio stops. So is there some kind of setting or a way that I can turn the display off without losing the audio?

This isn't a big deal since I have it plugged into an outlet but is it bad for the phone to have the display on for 8 hours a day/7 days a week? Over the course of 2 years would this eventually affect the display?

harrellj

Reaction score
For question 1, just hit the home button. That is the essence of "minimize" in most apps (including the stock browser). To get back to the browser, press and hold the home key and it'll show up as one of your most recently used apps.

For question 2, go to settings > applications > development and uncheck the "stay awake" box. Alternatively, Tasker might allow you to do so as well, but it'll definitely take tweaking to get it to work properly.