couple questions about my droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sicshovel, Jun 3, 2010.

1. sicshovel

sicshovel New Member

ok i have had my droid for a month or so and have read lots and lots of threads about rooting and wifi teathering anyway here is a link to a page about it all and it says it is for os 2.0.1 but i have 2.1 update 1 i really wanna root my phone so i can get the corporate calender off facebook and all the other apps i dont use can anyone help me? Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I moved your thread over here for better assistance. What you will need to do is to roll back to 2.0.1 then root from there. If you can't find instructions on how to do that, post up again and I'll look around for you.
  3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Okay you can root 2.1 you do not have to roll back to 2.0.1 in order to root. Here is a link that will guide you through the process.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

However, please read, read, read all you can find about rooting. Too often many people root and do not know what they are doing or what is involved. Weigh all the pros and cons of rooting and make sure this is what you want. Have a plan or desired outcome in mind to make sure that rooting is going to help you achieve that plan or outcome. Rooting is not for everyone and does require some constant attention. Not to mention that once you are rooted you will find yourself wanting to try everything which can become time consuming.

So please do your homework and learn all you can about the process and the desired outcome. Then if it is still what you want move forward.