Couple pics I took with the Droid camera yesterday...

bacalao

Reaction score
Looks like your Droid was jealous and sabotaged your car!! Uh-oh

Very nice pictures, good luck with your car!

stage3matt

Reaction score
Check your oil return line in back of the turbo. Looks like a o-ring could be leaking on you.

there is no o-ring there, only a paper gasket.

any blue smoke? stock intake? any catch cans?

<---owns an 04.

no blue smoke, stock intake, bwoody catch can

it could be a bunch of things really...take your intake off and see if the compressor fins are clean. If they are soaked your turbo seals are shot. Even if the fins look clean you may still have bad seals if you have excessive shaft play.

another thing to check, while unlikely, is the gasket on the oil drain/return off of the turbo. stock turbo i assume? send me a PM if you need some help.

oh and nice pics! :D

moot

Reaction score
I must be blind, I don't see any of the pictures. I've always been hesitant to use my droid camera because it always comes out to be so grainy onscreen.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
there is no o-ring there, only a paper gasket.

any blue smoke? stock intake? any catch cans?

<---owns an 04.

it could be a bunch of things really...take your intake off and see if the compressor fins are clean. If they are soaked your turbo seals are shot. Even if the fins look clean you may still have bad seals if you have excessive shaft play.

another thing to check, while unlikely, is the gasket on the oil drain/return off of the turbo. stock turbo i assume? send me a PM if you need some help.

I'll check tomorrow. If I can't find where it's coming from then I'll just take it to the dealership for warranty work so they can take care of it. :)

Powertrain warranty covers this right?

stage3matt

Reaction score

I'll check tomorrow. If I can't find where it's coming from then I'll just take it to the dealership for warranty work so they can take care of it. :)

meh, depends on the tech and the dealership. any mods? even a blow off valve or boost controller will probably make them turn you down if you get a dealership that feels like being difficult.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score

meh, depends on the tech and the dealership. any mods? even a blow off valve or boost controller will probably make them turn you down if you get a dealership that feels like being difficult.

mopar bov, mopar exhaust, and stage 1. that's it.

Lafond

Reaction score
I'd put it back to stock and claim ignorance. Also check your charge pipes and FMIC for traces of oil if you suspect leaking Turbo seals. Any shaft play in the Turbo? Good excuse to upgrade!

Nice pica though, very brave to take the Droid into the garage. I did once, but kept it in a Tupperware so it would stay dry and safe. Over crushed several razr screens because of carelessness in the garage.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
It was brake fluid. :laugh:

Here is another pic I took today of the inside of my turbo. Completely pitch black in there, so the flash did all the work.

droidpics038.jpg