1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Couple of tethering for gaming questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by FMofdeath, Mar 16, 2010.

1. FMofdeath

FMofdeath New Member

Alright, I want to tether my Droid to my laptop for school (College). I can connect to the school's wifi via web browser just fine but things like WoW and Steam just won't bother connecting. I want to connect my phone to the internet so I can game during a downtime between classes. So here are my questions.

-Is it possible to play something like TF2 regardless of up to 200ms ping? (Servers in history to avoid downloads)
    -How much data would it be if it's only for one and a half hours tops, only twice a week?
    -Is there a limit on data?
    -and if possible, what programs needed?
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

These are all depended on what app you're using...

1) Likely no, the days of 200ms ping are long gone. I would expect you'll lag out or be kicked.
    2) Could be upwards of a few hundred MB
    3) No, but technically tethering without paying VZW is a violation of your terms of service, and if they find out, they can slam you with penalties.
    4) PDANet, Root and use WiFi Tether, and another that I cant remember...
Search tags for this page
android tethering steam
connect to steam tethering osx
how to play on steam whilst tethering
how to tether and use steam
steam tether
steam tethering
tether school wifi to game
tethered phone steam

tethering for gaming

tf2 easy tether
tf2 tethering