1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Couple of questions.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Switchback, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Switchback

Switchback New Member

I love Android, however with the new Droid X is seems like they just want to load your phone with crap apps... who the hell needs blockbuster?

But anyways, I was wondering if there is any way to remove it and several other apps that came stock with the phone.

Also, I see what people were saying about MotoBlur, what a nuisance.

My question is can you stop it from repeatedly asking which I want to use, when clicking on Messaging? It has Text or Facebook. I guess I am still so used to my Droid1 :(

Otherwise, this seems like a really solid phone.
  2. Switchback

Switchback New Member

Looks like I have to root.. I did some searching on the web and found the list of apps that are safe to remove.
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

you can root to remove stock apps

if you dont like the blur, u can use a different launcher to hide it

and for texting, i use handcent. then you dont have to choose everytime
  4. brad92

brad92 New Member

Not to hijack, but if I were to root, remove the bloatware, then unroot, would my warranty be toast? I don't like the fact that every time I go onto the list of running applications, Skype mobile and other crap is on up and running.