Couple of questions for you all

x25064

Reaction score
1.- Looking for a way to make my phone wake up when I receive any type of message (SMS/MMS/Email). Is there an app for this?

2.- Is there any way to set the Dolphin browser to launch when the search widget is used? It is already set as default in the settings but the widget still launches the android browser.

Thanks all.

minmongoblin

Reaction score
1 - Not sure about e-mail, but Handcent SMS (a better app than the stock SMS as is, in my opinion) has the option to "wake" the phone to let you quick-reply, then goes back to sleep after you send the message.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Ah, I've read handcent isn't so stable on the Droid and will randomly dumb your inbox, have you experienced these issues?

WLJohnson05

Reaction score
the only problems it ever gave me was the double notification thing, but after that, it has been pretty good.

my only thing against it is that it loads a hair slower than the stock app

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Ah, I've read handcent isn't so stable on the Droid and will randomly dumb your inbox, have you experienced these issues?
VERY little lag, sometimes the screen wakes up and I have a text, then a second later the ringtone/vibrate will occur, but that's not a big deal to me at all.

Never had my texts deleted in the week I've been using it.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Good info to know, I will load it up in the market and try it out, heck I can always uninstall it.

Any ideas for the search widget issue? I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering.

Gunghoray

Reaction score
Voice of reason here. I see you're all new to our forum. Try SEARCH. There are dozens of answers to your questions that have been fleshed out ad-nauseam. You'll be amazed at how smart you'll get in a little bit of time.
Blessings,
Prof Ray

WLJohnson05

Reaction score
ay ay captain :icon_ banana:

try to always do that first anyway

mjs31

Reaction score
Handcent and Chompsms will wake your phone and give you the quick reply window. Not sure on the second question.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Voice of reason here. I see you're all new to our forum. Try SEARCH. There are dozens of answers to your questions that have been fleshed out ad-nauseam. You'll be amazed at how smart you'll get in a little bit of time.
Blessings,
Prof Ray

Its funny how, more then not, people will post this as a generic response to someone who's post count is under 50, regardless of the actual content of their post.

I actually did search both topics here and elsewhere on the internet and came up with nothing. By searching, you will only find the topics I have posted in regards to these questions. Please take the time to possibly help someone rather then look at their post count and deduct that they are an idiot who hasn't done the homework.

Now contrary from how I may come off, I do appreciate that you are trying to help, so thank you for that. I do understand alot of peons come through here so it is only natural to direct people to the search feature.

Last edited: