couple of problems

ultima

Reaction score
just got this as a replacement. i have a couple of problems

1 Am I or am I not supposed to be using bootstrap each time i want recovery? i do but i dont think im supposed to bc ive seen stuff about installing and removing it

2 rom manager doesnt boot into clockwork, it just restarts phone

3 rom manager doesnt make backups...it goes to stock recovery for a sec, then reboots

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Solution - Delete rom manager :) No point to it...

OP
ultima

ultima

Reaction score
k but i thought it was still supposed to be able to do these two things

and what about the bootstrap question?

mjones1052

Reaction score
Bootstrap your recovery first, then go in to ROM manager and install clockwork then try it again. Pretty sure you have to use ROM Manager in concert with Bootstrap. I may be wrong though. And your sure your rooted and Bootstrap is asking for superuser permissions?

OP
ultima

ultima

Reaction score
Bootstrap your recovery first, then go in to ROM manager and install clockwork then try it again. Pretty sure you have to use ROM Manager in concert with Bootstrap. I may be wrong though. And your sure your rooted and Bootstrap is asking for superuser permissions?

im rooted...i have su and bootstrap did ask the 1st time...rom manager just says sucessfully downloaded & the bar @ the top doesnt move (like on D1) and it never remembers i chose droid 2 as phone model...Even if i bootstrap, then go to RM & try to reboot it still just does reg reboots

xr-70

Reaction score
i also tried clockwork with no luck. doesnot restart into recovery. just crashes out and restarts. will not make a backup of current rom.. verizon motorola droid 2