Couple of Issues with my Droid

yossarian1156

Reaction score
I seem to be having a number of issues with my phone. I wanted to see if anyone else was having these or had any suggestions.

1. Home Screens Lose Icons - Every now and then, for a reason that I can't determine, the 3 home screens lose all their icons. They just disappear. I can still bring up the list of all applications and use the phone normally, but all icons and widgets are gone from home, and the only way to get them back is a device restart. This seems to happen every couple of days.

2. Can't Answer Call - This just happened the once (this morning). The phone was ringing, but didn't give me an option to answer / ignore. Instead, I just got the Unlock / Silent. When I unlocked the phone, I had issue 1 again. Had to restart to fix that.

3. Calls the Wrong Number - This may be user error rather than the phone, I'm really not sure. It hasn't happened enough for me to trouble shoot. It seems that sometimes, when I make a call from the call log, it calls a different contact than the one I selected. It seems that the person that gets the call is not on the first page of the call log, but is in the call log. So I don't think I'm fat fingering the screen.

4. Battery Drains - I turn my phone off every night and then charge it in the morning. Usually, my battery is pretty close to dead by the end of any given day. Sometimes it's got more juice to it (40-50%), but when I turn it back on in the morning, it's dead! It seems really weird to me that the battery is dying when the phone is off. A search of the forum shows some other people with this issue. Do I just need a new battery?

This is my first smartphone, and over all, I love the phone, but these things are getting more and more annoying.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would contact VZW about a replacement. Might be a bad device. You shouldn't be experiencing these issues with a properly functional device.

nyijedi

Reaction score
I'll chime in re: your first issue. I had a G1 on T-Mobile since launch and then switched to the Droid when it launched, and I've seen the "disappearing icons" problem occasionally on both phones. Chalk this one up as an Android bug - it's not your phone.