Couple of apps not showing in the market since Froyo 2.2 installed

nateccnn

Reaction score
I have a couple apps I simply can't find in the market since I installed the pre-release Froyo. The one I am mainly interested in is Trimble Outdoors. It's a paid app. The developers say they marked the apps to only be stored in the protected area when installed. He says that since I am running a rooted droid the market won't show the app because it can't "trust" my device. Not every developer requires the app be stored in protected area. WTF?

I was rooted when I installed this app for the first time. But I was rooted with 2.1 at that time. It was officially released when I got around to installing it. So I'm thinking it is not so much related to root but related to the version of Android I'm running.

Is there any way to get these apps to display in the market?

Nate

gszeman

Reaction score
Froyo is not an official release...it's a leak. A lot of Devs need to adjust things to work with 2.2, or need to test it with 2.2 before making it available to avoid compatibility issues. Be patient, I'm sure that when 2.2 is "official" they will work on making it available for download.

btw...I checked and it is available in the market for me. Trimble Outdoors $9.99. I'm running Froyo.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
btw...I checked and it is available in the market for me. Trimble Outdoors $9.99. I'm running Froyo.

Oh man...now that pisses me off.

You're running bugless beast built off froyo, right? maybe I should try it and see if I can find TO in the market.

Nate

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Just noticed I can't find drocap either. That's a free app...right?

edit: never mind. It's Drocap2. Found it.

Nate

notamamasboy

Reaction score
I didn't find it in a search and I have the fix installed.... are you looking for drocap2... that one is there

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Search tool is your friend.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Search tool is your friend.

You stalking me again?

I did search but appearantly not for the right thing. Do you not have anything better to do than to tell people to search?

Nate