couple easy questions

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by gmen27, Dec 29, 2009.

1. gmen27

gmen27 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how do i highlight a text and copy it? also how do i use things like these: [ ] that dont show up on the keypad. thanks

2. NickWgnr

NickWgnr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Copying text is simple just do a long hold on the thread (if in sms) or on the web or anywhere else for that matter just do a long hold and select copy from the menu. As for the brackets ([ ]) I have no idea... Currently investigating that as we speak.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

3. NickWgnr

NickWgnr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Found it! To get brackets simply long hold on either of the "( )" keys on the keypad. It will shoot up a mini menu with
    (right para) [ {<
    (left para) >}]

Also you cannot mini menu to mini menu by using the period shortcut key for all of you who would like to know. I don't know why you would ever do that but atleast you know now, haha.

Another cool sidenote from me messing around with these is that if you long hold on the numbers you get some cool fractions and power denoters. Pretty nifty stuff if you ask me. Im going to mess with some people when I can use a fraction in a text now, haha.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  4. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    On the virtual keyboard, go to the ?123 screen then press the up arrow key where the Alt key was, this brings up a whole keyboard of alternate symbols.

On the hard keyboard, press Alt then the SYM (space key) to get extra symbols like the [ ] and ¢€√£¥.

5. Vitticeps

Vitticeps Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The long press menu is nifty and all but you can access all those characters by going to the '123' keyboard and simply pressing 'Alt' (has most of the same results as 'shift' on a standard keyboard)

6. NickWgnr

NickWgnr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The ALT key method is alot easier... I didn't even notice that when you hit the 123 that the Cap lock button turned to an ALT key.
    The ALT key however doesn't pull up the long hold options on the numbers.