Countdown to Unroot!

rothenbj

Reaction score
Okay, my two cents. I'm rooted with Sholes, OC'd normally at 800 but sometimes push the throttle to 1k. I use Home ++, have and use both dolphin and xScope as browsers (xScope seems to fly on Sholes, IMHO). I have the 2.1 gallery and thee or four keyboards available depending on application or mood. My primary keyboard is swype, which I hope will become legit someday.

Before I would even consider unrooting to go to 2.1 I'd need to know Swype will run on it. After that I'd need to find something in it that just makes it impossible to live without. I can't see that happening, but you never know. Finally, I'd need to be sure there was stability in the new release since I'm highly stable now, plus fast.

I don't see myself unrooting at all at this point. I prefer innovative, highly energetic and skilled enthusiasts such as the sholes team to corporate culture development. I lived in the latter culture until I retired so I do game a bias toward the former.

Anyway, I have no reason to hurry to a decision right now. Running smooth, running strong, and running fast.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure what you are getting at here. If you wipe everything and do an update, you can't get back to your "backup".

I'm new to rooting.. but I just read today in one of the articles that tells you how to get back to stock how they suggested to backup your whole Rooted system in case something goes wrong you can get back where you were.

THe reason Im letting the guinea pigs go first is because the update suppose to wipe out or erase rooted folders, how true that is idk. So ima wait.
why should i wait for this:

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
W
Reaction score
I ain't no guinea pig. lol

I'm an early adopter. We happen to be badass, who often turn into trendsetters. The same way the first person who dived into rooting, was a badass, a early adopter trendsetter.

:p

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I'm an early adopter. We happen to be badass, who often turn into trendsetters. The same way the first person who dived into rooting, was a badass, a early adopter trendsetter.

Right and for every trend setter there are 9 other goats. The first couple of guy that tried to root probably bricked their phones. For every heck yeah there were probably 10 o.s. and I do not feel like being the guy yelling o.s., I prefer to wait. But thanks Coffe for being the "trend setter" for us.

OP
W
Reaction score

Right and for every trend setter there are 9 other goats. The first couple of guy that tried to root probably bricked their phones. For every heck yeah there were probably 10 o.s. and I do not feel like being the guy yelling o.s., I prefer to wait. But thanks Coffe for being the "trend setter" for us.

Hey man, I never said being a badass is an easy job... just ask Brock Samson.

wil318466

Reaction score
Not sure what you are getting at here. If you wipe everything and do an update, you can't get back to your "backup".

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/15766-how-back-stock-2-0-1-easy-way-9.html#post214030 Post #83

You don't understand waht I'm saying. You said to make a backup and then install 2.1, if I dont' like it, go back to my nandroid. I'm saying you CAN'T go back to nandroid after you update to 2.1 because they will try to close the root access. Then you send me a link to get back to stock.

I dont' want to get the update, and if I try, I might not be able to get to my ROM, which is unacceptable.

-Wil

BzB

Reaction score
running a stock os is safe, easy, simple. you know, mild instead of spicy. nothing daring or cutting edge about running a vanilla os. it's not a bad thing, just not as awesome as root access. :cool:

wil318466

Reaction score
running a stock os is safe, easy, simple. you know, mild instead of spicy. nothing daring or cutting edge about running a vanilla os. it's not a bad thing, just not as awesome as root access. :cool:

I always ordered the "inferno" wings, myself.

-Wil

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I copied the thread so people can see it hear. Credit goes to Android Central:

Voice recognition for virtual keyboard. Anywhere you can type, you can dictate. Swipe your finger across the keyboard (or press the microphone button) to activate. Same as on the Nexus One.
Virtual (on-screen) keyboard enhancements.
3D Gallery: Should be the same as the new gallery that's on the Nexus One, and that's been ported to the Droid.
Pinch to zoom: Already on board for Google Maps, now you'll have it in the browser and gallery.
News and weather widget/app. That's the widget from the Nexus One that we get questions about in our videos.
Previously published Google Maps 4.0 improvements.
Enhanced Music application. New tabs at the top for easier access an navigation to artists, songs, albums and playlists.
Google Goggles: Now built into Android 2.1. No separate downloads.
Fixes the security lock bypass.
Yahoo e-mail now has setup optimization.
Battery life improved.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
battery life improve is the ONLY thing 2.1 has going for it over my Rooted Droid. I shall remain rooted. :)

-=Jason=-

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sooooooo...I don't get it are we getting 2.1 this week or not??? :confused:

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The motorola facebook site confirms no update this week, unless they pulling a surprise update on people. I doubt that being vzw (as mentioned by someone before) did not have update q/a like they did 2.01. So all those who unrooted waiting on Motorola you been b* slapped again. :icon_ nono2:

Its ok they must pulled it because they heard every one complaining so until every one stop complaining and be grateful for all that motorola has done for them, then no 2.1 update. :work1:

OP
W
Reaction score
Thats sounds very-self-righteous on Moto's part if that is the case, I doubt they would reduce themselves to churlish tactics like that though... hopefully...

But they said no update this week? Where it say that at??