Countdown to Unroot!

windstrings

Reaction score
all those that unroot, because last I checked 2.01 made it easier to root, how you going to feel if 2.1 restrict or makes it too hard to hack. How will you feel if they pulled a bate and switch on you. You unroot hoping to get goodies and you get the update to find everything that your rooted phone had -smoked glass, -wifi thether, -multi touch browser, -oc.
Idk bout you but it would be like waking up on christmas morning expecting the heman, gi joe, or top toy, and to find out all you got was a sweater.

I suppose they could do anything.... but that wouldn't be in the spirit of open source and more like Apple.

OP
W
Reaction score
The original post has now been updated with a tutorial on how to unroot for those who want to know how. Thanks pilot.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The original post has now been updated with a tutorial on how to unroot for those who want to know how. Thanks pilot.

My job is to do what ever I can to help out the guinea pigs. You all are the front line, what happens to you all will decide if I follow or drop everything and run. So you serve an important role. If there is anything else I can do to help you all out let me know.

jasonb

Reaction score
Maybe it won't... maybe it will... maybe thats not their target... but something about the word "official" sounds way better than the word... "unofficial".

I think a lot of people lack the ability to leave their situation, and look through the eyes of others. Only a small fraction of Droid owners got it because of its "customization", and only a small fraction of the owners rooted their phone. I think the majority will enjoy this update.

how about the word "custom"?

i like the word custom more than the word official. especially if the official update sucks ass compared to the custom rom i am using.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good job pilotcharles. Lot's of people asking questions about unrooting.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Maybe it won't... maybe it will... maybe thats not their target... but something about the word "official" sounds way better than the word... "unofficial".

I think a lot of people lack the ability to leave their situation, and look through the eyes of others. Only a small fraction of Droid owners got it because of its "customization", and only a small fraction of the owners rooted their phone. I think the majority will enjoy this update.

i like the word custom more than the word official. especially if the official update sucks ass compared to the custom rom i am using.

Some people havent rooted so they do not understand what we already have and been playing with some for weeks others for months. Like i said somebody gotta check it out dont discourage them. For us thats rooted just sit back grab some popcorn its gonna be a show. :popcorn:

OP
W
Reaction score

I like official custom builds better. :) When its just custom, you can't blame the official when something goes wrong.

But once again, free will.

windstrings

Reaction score
My job is to do what ever I can to help out the guinea pigs. You all are the front line, what happens to you all will decide if I follow or drop everything and run. So you serve an important role. If there is anything else I can do to help you all out let me know.

Yea, Yea, Yea!.... we like guinea pigs!.... Medium rare please! :icon_eek:

I do like to know I have a parachute before I jump out of a plane!....... less messy that way!

Last edited:
OP
W
Reaction score
I just unrooted.

I was running the latest version of Bugless Beast, clocked @ 800...

I'm going to unroot my mother's Droid next.

wil318466

Reaction score
No chance of my unrooting. I have Smoked Glass overclocked, running stable, fast, and the entire color scheme is shiny black and bright blue.

Just seeing the dialpad numbers in green makes me cringe now.

Wifi tether, overclock, cache mate, Dock Blocker..

No chance I would cripple my phone for an update where I have everything already. Once you have the speed of overclock, its impossible to go back. When I handed my Droid to someone at work who also has one, he said "Why is your phone so fast?"

Win.

-Wil

windstrings

Reaction score
No chance I would cripple my phone for an update where I have everything already. Once you have the speed of overclock, its impossible to go back. When I handed my Droid to someone at work who also has one, he said "Why is your phone so fast?"
-Wil

If your a true geek you will backup up your rooted system and do it anyway.

wil318466

Reaction score
-Wil

If your a true geek you will backup up your rooted system and do it anyway.

Not sure what you are getting at here. If you wipe everything and do an update, you can't get back to your "backup".

windstrings

Reaction score
Not sure what you are getting at here. If you wipe everything and do an update, you can't get back to your "backup".

I'm new to rooting.. but I just read today in one of the articles that tells you how to get back to stock how they suggested to backup your whole Rooted system in case something goes wrong you can get back where you were.

_33

Reaction score
How long after 2.1 is in the hands of the makers of BB will it take them to have their version of 2.1 out? Make sense???

audioman42

Reaction score
i'm running bugless beast right now, but i think i'm going to unroot and update to 2.1 when it's available. the new update will have small bug fixes in addition to all of the other things my rooted phone can do. the only things i'll lose are wi-fi tether (which i barely use) and overclocking, but it won't be long before those leet haxors crack 2.1 and then i'll have those to features back.