Countdown to Unroot!

M

Matth3w

To all you rooter roosters! Given the great news... this is the thread to countdown to you unrooting. Please state what you are currently running, and when you plan to unroot. When you do unroot, please also post here.

Please remember that unrooting is not a depreciation of the developers who brought us the wonderful ROMS like Sholes, Bugless Beast, Smoked Glass, etc...

This is just a "official" evolution that some are taking. Batter up!
Why would I unroot for some craptastic update that I can get just about every portion of the update via either a ROM or the market?

OP
W
Reaction score
To all you rooter roosters! Given the great news... this is the thread to countdown to you unrooting. Please state what you are currently running, and when you plan to unroot. When you do unroot, please also post here.

Please remember that unrooting is not a depreciation of the developers who brought us the wonderful ROMS like Sholes, Bugless Beast, Smoked Glass, etc...

This is just a "official" evolution that some are taking. Batter up!
Why would I unroot for some craptastic update that I can get just about every portion of the update via either a ROM or the market?

Because you have free will, and you can do whatever you want. Thats why. :)

OP
W
Reaction score
I'm really a techy, so I'm going to have to install this. Its what I do. I have to test it out, learn it, live with it, evaluate it. Then I will decided if I want to go back to the rooted versions.

I have a problem though. Bugless Beast is really great, but the nice theme, the speed, etc... just gets a little... stale... stale would be the best term to use. Maybe I have a OCD... but I like new new new... Some people like OS X, some people like Windows 7... I have them both... I want to learn as much about it as possible, live with it, etc...

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
@ Mr. Coffee

I can un-root anytime I want and load my stock 2.01 back on the phone and install the 2.1 update. so by staying rooted I have NOTHING TO LOOSE! and I dont have to go through the hassle of setting my phone up again. now say I un-root and hate 2.1 but can no longer use any of the hacks to get me back to 2.01 rooted I'd be pretty pissed.

so for the time being I shall stay rooted and DGAF on 2.1 if the devs figure out a 2.1 roms them I will likely upgraded to those.

-=Jason=-

OP
W
Reaction score
@ Mr. Coffee

I can un-root anytime I want and load my stock 2.01 back on the phone and install the 2.1 update. so by staying rooted I have NOTHING TO LOOSE! and I dont have to go through the hassle of setting my phone up again. now say I un-root and hate 2.1 but can no longer use any of the hacks to get me back to 2.01 rooted I'd be pretty pissed.

so for the time being I shall stay rooted and DGAF on 2.1 if the devs figure out a 2.1 roms them I will likely upgraded to those.

-=Jason=-

I understand, Jason. Updating to 2.1 from a rooted 2.0.1 is for the bold, brave, daring, badasses. :D :icon_ devil:

I understand you though, seriously. :)

roberj13

Reaction score
@ Mr. Coffee

-=Jason=-

I understand, Jason. Updating to 2.1 from a rooted 2.0.1 is for the bold, brave, daring, badasses. :D :icon_ devil:

Ha ha, you may be more brave than I actually. I am scared that I update, decide I actually had MORE of 2.1 than I do with the update (if that makes sense) and then it takes months for devs to get root back....

Briankbl

Reaction score
The only reason I would want to unroot would be for the Live Wallpaper, but since it is rumored we won't be getting that, I will stick with what I got lol. Besides, other than the LW, I have everything else 2.1 offers already, so........

OP
W
Reaction score
@ Mr. Coffee

-=Jason=-

Ha ha, you may be more brave than I actually. I am scared that I update, decide I actually had MORE of 2.1 than I do with the update (if that makes sense) and then it takes months for devs to get root back....

Ha ha ha, I was joking brother! I understand what you mean about that though. I have an "official" OCD... if you get that... but hey... OCD... OverClockeD lol...

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh and for the record I married my wife for her personality, good looks just came along with the package ;)

-=Jason=-

bitter

Reaction score
I just rooted my phone last week, after getting sick of waiting for 2.1. And here it is, what the hell. Anyway, to be quite honest, I haven't noticed a difference at all between the 2 OS's. So I'm kind of contemplating taking the OTA when it's sent to me. I'm so torn on this!

jasonb

Reaction score
does anybody really believe 2.1 is going to be better than being rooted and running a custom rom?

i sure as hell don't believe so. i'm sure future custom rom updates will bring more options than future firmware updates from Verizon.

OP
W
Reaction score
Maybe it won't... maybe it will... maybe thats not their target... but something about the word "official" sounds way better than the word... "unofficial".

I think a lot of people lack the ability to leave their situation, and look through the eyes of others. Only a small fraction of Droid owners got it because of its "customization", and only a small fraction of the owners rooted their phone. I think the majority will enjoy this update.