Countdown Clock to The September 1st Release Date!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Preach2k, Jul 4, 2011.

1. JerseyFirefighter

Ratings:
    +3
    Im gonna be that same n00b that pre-ordered the D1 at Best Buy and sits in the parking lot at like 0930 with the 5-6 other dorks waiting to cash in on their pre-order. All of this which consequently took MORE time because they had to confirm the pre-order rather than just scanning the UPC and me swiping my credit card. Ahhh memories =)

On a side note... to my central/mountain/and pacific time zone friends.... I say to you NEENER-NEENER-NEENER.... I will have my Bionic 1-3 hours before you! lol

2. trailblazen

trailblazen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oh rats, bionic distribution blunder for the entire jersey and surrounding area for a week......darn.

ROFL

3. sk102704

sk102704 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking we'll start getting some real news on the Bionic starting Monday. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but its been quiet lately and if Aug 4th is the day, it only be about 2.5 weeks until launch and the good stuff should start leaking soon.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. Import roller

Import roller Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Just signed up for Verizon's updates.

I'm still on my D1, and i love it, if it would just being so slow and if the charge plug wasn't damaged. It lasted a good two years though

5. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I feel the same way. Thank you for making this post. I'm gonna send it to my GF so she understands how I feel and how I talk about my next phone all the time lol. Bionic will be here soon. In the words of COD-

6. rayw796

rayw796 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I stopped by the local Verizon Store this afternoon to compare the screens on the D3, X2, Charge and Thunderbolt. They all look fantastic. There have been some rants regarding the X2 screen and I just didn't see a problem. I was thinking of comparing the Galaxy S2 and the Bionic, but after the screen reviews, I am firmly back in the Bionic's corner.

Too bad there isn't a way to make the time go faster!! I am ready for the Bionic. Received my email that I am eligible for a new phone yesterday!!

7. Monkeyman806

Monkeyman806 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Waiting Is for the Birds

So I'm just wondering if the ppl that were so happy to point out that 8/4 was a real hope still believe that crap. I posted a very long rant about my dislike for this waiting process but also included some simple information as to why 8/4 would not be a real date. That got me a few ppl posting back my lack of impact in this thread... so... are you still sure 8/4 is for real lol

Samsung Gallaxy S2 is looking more and more like a real choice for me... even more so if it shows up before the Motorola Bionic

8. sk102704

sk102704 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why wouldn't we? Besides a few posts in forums everything else is pointing to 8/4.

9. Monkeyman806

Monkeyman806 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seriously? So you really believe a phone that is the FIRST Verizon 4G LTE DUAL CORE Mega Phone is going to hit the market in 15 days without a single ad... without being on Motorola's website... a true soft realease for a phone that has had ppl waiting for this long... a phone that was shown off in January by a VP that had to be pulled / revamped... oh wait...

So the phone is done, they have a couple thousand units sitting in storage waiting to be shipped say July 28th in order to be ready at each store in the country on the 4th... and not one person can tell us the specs... lol... oh wait that is their marketing plan. To build a phone to show off... then redesign it... tell no one about it or even create the smallest of buzz about it... produce the phone in mass overdrive in secret.. then ship them in silence... only to have ppl like u wake up on 8/4 to the phone only a block and half way... lol

Like I said... Samsung GS2 is looking better by the day

10. sk102704

sk102704 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could be. I don't know and you don't know either. The problem with people like you is you believe that marketing campaigns run for months before a phone is released which just doesn't happen! A lot of people more knowledgeable about this stuff than you and I believe it could launch 8/4. I'm not dead set on it coming out the 4th and it very well not come out until later but I'm not an idiot like you would suggest because I believe it could release then. They have had a sign up page for over a week now, the new cases are arriving in stores, and we have screenshots from internal systems showing an 8/4 launch so obviously it is close.

The problem with people like you is you make assumptions that aren't true and talk about a device that has had 0 information about a release in the US, has no idea whether it has 4g, and this phone is looking better?!!! You can complain about waiting for a phone and then when I'm loving my Bionic you'll still be waiting for a SG2.

11. JerseyFirefighter

Ratings:
    +3
    There was almost nothing on the D3... even 3 weeks up to launch there were only a FEW photos circulating. Even the final week only saw the user manual and leaked training tutorials through various droid sites. So Im content with waiting until the week up until the 4th to lose hope for that launch date.

12. Monkeyman806

Monkeyman806 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    True. I agree with you that the D3 was a soft release. We all know that. The point that stands out is the big difference between a D3 and the Bionic. The Bionic is the FIRST EVER DUAL CORE 4G LTE Phone for Verizon.

What is the D3? Old Tech. That's my point on this subject. The original Droid was HUGE... it made waves, they knew it would, we knew it would... it was a major release for a reason. Now look past the original Droid:

The Dx was what? Some new stuff sure... ads leading up to it... sure... nothing like the Droid. Then the D2... got a little less and was a little less of an impact (tech wise)... then the Dx2... now the D3. These phones are slight upgrades tweaks from the one before. So I understand a soft release. The Bionic is a major step (well it would have been if on time). It was also a huge thing for Motorola (a lot riding on it) so a release like the D3 just doesn't compute.

Now, if and when the Bionic comes out it will be coming out not as the next huge / great / massive / blow you mind phone but just another Dual Core 4g LTE phone with two maybe even 3 or 4 others to lineup against.

Search tags for this page

countdown clock september 7th

countdown timer of september 1st