Countdown Clock to The September 1st Release Date!!

Xerrus

Reaction score
Well its definitely not a silent release seeing as Verizon set up their "Droid Bionic is coming" site 2 days ago. The phone is coming soon. Verizon wouldn't have thrown up a special site for it if it wasn't coming down the pipeline soon.

Patients all, soon we'll have a device worthy of Verizon's LTE network!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Monkeyman806

Reaction score
Well its definitely not a silent release seeing as Verizon set up their "Droid Bionic is coming" site 2 days ago. The phone is coming soon. Verizon wouldn't have thrown up a special site for it if it wasn't coming down the pipeline soon.

Patients all, soon we'll have a device worthy of Verizon's LTE network!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

To put up a single page notification with email database takes me all of about 6 minutes and I'm not even a programer. I might just be a in a horrible mood but I will be truly shocked if this puppy is released August 4th... not to speak on the fact it will be horrible lack of marketing by Motorola

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I really hope someone gets a definite price soon though... if its reasonable Ill get it, but if not i'll stick with my X or get a D3...

Reaction score
OK. I am angry at this point and it is all directed at Motorola. While some of you may not agree I just can't hold my opinion inside any longer!

I think I first heard rumors of the Motorola Targa back in June 2010 (379 Days Ago)

I saw those hours of following and research go away when the Targa was changed / modified / renamed (whatever the case may be) to the Motorola Bionic "offically" in January 2011 (195 Days Ago)

Sigh

First and foremost... WAY too much to read with little impact, so I cut the quote down.

You might have heard of the Targa (379 days ago), but it was not changed/modified/renamed to bionic until Moto's decision to scrap the "ETNA" version of the Bionic in late march/april. . What you saw at CES was the ETNA version. Even prior to CES the name that was floating on the tongues of insiders was that Targa was the phone to get next year. So while yes it has taken a while to come to fruition, it appears the more we try to pry information (and successfully) from these manufacturer's the longer we will be waiting for a device.

anuraj1

Reaction score
OK. I am angry at this point and it is all directed at Motorola. While some of you may not agree I just can't hold my opinion inside any longer!

I think I first heard rumors of the Motorola Targa back in June 2010 (379 Days Ago)

I saw those hours of following and research go away when the Targa was changed / modified / renamed (whatever the case may be) to the Motorola Bionic "offically" in January 2011 (195 Days Ago)

Sigh

First and foremost... WAY too much to read with little impact, so I cut the quote down.

You might have heard of the Targa (379 days ago), but it was not changed/modified/renamed to bionic until Moto's decision to scrap the "ETNA" version of the Bionic in late march/april. . What you saw at CES was the ETNA version. Even prior to CES the name that was floating on the tongues of insiders was that Targa was the phone to get next year. So while yes it has taken a while to come to fruition, it appears the more we try to pry information (and successfully) from these manufacturer's the longer we will be waiting for a device.

Thanks JerseyFirefighter, I was going to correct the info but got way too lazy to go through the whole post haha. "TL;DR"

That said, I cannot wait for this device. I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep on the night before July 28th (or Aug 4th), like a little kid on Christmas Eve haha

Reaction score
Im gonna be that same n00b that pre-ordered the D1 at Best Buy and sits in the parking lot at like 0930 with the 5-6 other dorks waiting to cash in on their pre-order. All of this which consequently took MORE time because they had to confirm the pre-order rather than just scanning the UPC and me swiping my credit card. Ahhh memories =)

On a side note... to my central/mountain/and pacific time zone friends.... I say to you NEENER-NEENER-NEENER.... I will have my Bionic 1-3 hours before you! lol

trailblazen

Reaction score
On a side note... to my central/mountain/and pacific time zone friends.... I say to you NEENER-NEENER-NEENER.... I will have my Bionic 1-3 hours before you! lol

oh rats, bionic distribution blunder for the entire jersey and surrounding area for a week......darn.

ROFL

sk102704

Reaction score
I'm thinking we'll start getting some real news on the Bionic starting Monday. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but its been quiet lately and if Aug 4th is the day, it only be about 2.5 weeks until launch and the good stuff should start leaking soon.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Import roller

Reaction score
Just signed up for Verizon's updates.

I'm still on my D1, and i love it, if it would just being so slow and if the charge plug wasn't damaged. It lasted a good two years though

AdamPA1006

Reaction score

Since January we have all heard of system / network problems that caused a delay, several rounds of testing that caused another delay, modifications based on "feedback" that created yet another delay. At this point it is just crazy to me :icon_evil: !!!

No question the phone sounds awesome. Specs looked great... images were ok and then got better with the style change (IMO)... and the "rumor" of a 1900+ battery... it's all great... but what the hell is going to make me really think this phone is going to come out on August 4th? And more importantly come out without a boat load of issues?

Motorola has taken some serious heat with this phone and their inability to produce a result driven timeline. Motorola has always been known for horrible product cycles and difficulty in keeping promises (How is that 4G LTE Xoom working out - lol)

So with all the issues they have had and all the funny looks they have gotten from industry leaders (like when they wanted to create their own silicon for their 4G LTE chips) why would I take another rumor to be anything other than just another let down?

Think about it... Motorola hasn't had a homerun - knock it out of the park since the first Original Droid with Verizon (compaired to other huge hits like the Thunderbolt, Samsung SG II, Atrix, blah blah blah, so on and whatever).

Doesn't it stand to reason that Motorola knows they messed up? Don't you think with August 4th being a short 21 days away we would have seen some serious buzz / ads / talk from real sources about this damn phone? We still don't know for 100% sure all the specs. The phone isn't even on Motorola's website!!! :icon_evil: Why would they take the heat they have gotten and not made an attempt to push market interest in this phone?

If Mototorla does produce this phone August 4th it will be the FIRST dual core 4g LTE smartphone to hit Verizon EVER!!! Doesn't that sound like a homerun to you? Then why not produce noise about it other than ppl posting things like I'm doing. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Do ppl really think the first ever 4G LTE DUAL CORE SMARTPHONE will be a silent release like the Doird 3? What am I missing... why am I waiting... I still have the original Droid and I want a NEW PHONE! Which is another point about this topic!!!

Does anyone remember the original Droid? I do (mostly because I still have it) but it was also another type of "first" for Verizon. How long did we hear "Droid is Coming"... there was serious buzz / ads for that phone for like ever and a day. The Motorola Bionic... nothing but horrible 3rd party sites posting old rumor specs as new found information.

Just the idea of waiting another 21 days for a possible issue filled phone is killing me. Knowing my luck the phone will turn out to be a candybar version of the Droidd 3 because of the 4G issues they experienced and then I will have waited a total of 400 Days for nothing more then a keyboard-less 300 dollar Droid 3.

I wish I could say this rant made me feel better... but it hasn't... Sigh
I feel the same way. Thank you for making this post. I'm gonna send it to my GF so she understands how I feel and how I talk about my next phone all the time lol. Bionic will be here soon. In the words of COD-

[video=youtube;d7tNlPiROyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7tNlPiROyw]‪CoD4- SAS- Let's Do This‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

rayw796

Reaction score
I stopped by the local Verizon Store this afternoon to compare the screens on the D3, X2, Charge and Thunderbolt. They all look fantastic. There have been some rants regarding the X2 screen and I just didn't see a problem. I was thinking of comparing the Galaxy S2 and the Bionic, but after the screen reviews, I am firmly back in the Bionic's corner.

Too bad there isn't a way to make the time go faster!! I am ready for the Bionic. Received my email that I am eligible for a new phone yesterday!!

Monkeyman806

Reaction score
Waiting Is for the Birds

So I'm just wondering if the ppl that were so happy to point out that 8/4 was a real hope still believe that crap. I posted a very long rant about my dislike for this waiting process but also included some simple information as to why 8/4 would not be a real date. That got me a few ppl posting back my lack of impact in this thread... so... are you still sure 8/4 is for real lol

Samsung Gallaxy S2 is looking more and more like a real choice for me... even more so if it shows up before the Motorola Bionic

sk102704

Reaction score
So I'm just wondering if the ppl that were so happy to point out that 8/4 was a real hope still believe that crap. I posted a very long rant about my dislike for this waiting process but also included some simple information as to why 8/4 would not be a real date. That got me a few ppl posting back my lack of impact in this thread... so... are you still sure 8/4 is for real lol

Samsung Gallaxy S2 is looking more and more like a real choice for me... even more so if it shows up before the Motorola Bionic

Why wouldn't we? Besides a few posts in forums everything else is pointing to 8/4.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Monkeyman806

Reaction score
Why wouldn't we? Besides a few posts in forums everything else is pointing to 8/4.

Seriously? So you really believe a phone that is the FIRST Verizon 4G LTE DUAL CORE Mega Phone is going to hit the market in 15 days without a single ad... without being on Motorola's website... a true soft realease for a phone that has had ppl waiting for this long... a phone that was shown off in January by a VP that had to be pulled / revamped... oh wait...

So the phone is done, they have a couple thousand units sitting in storage waiting to be shipped say July 28th in order to be ready at each store in the country on the 4th... and not one person can tell us the specs... lol... oh wait that is their marketing plan. To build a phone to show off... then redesign it... tell no one about it or even create the smallest of buzz about it... produce the phone in mass overdrive in secret.. then ship them in silence... only to have ppl like u wake up on 8/4 to the phone only a block and half way... lol

Like I said... Samsung GS2 is looking better by the day