Countdown Clock to The September 1st Release Date!!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Im new at this so please forgive the newbie comments. But I have been reading all the post on the bionic & trying to figure out when and where it will be. So please for give the obvious question....

Where would I go to buy the bionic for the early release? Your comment talks about it so I figured I would ask you. Lol can I go to any Verizon store & walk in and buy it? Or will I have to pre-order? Or since everyone wants it am im going to have to wait in a long line and make sure im there early? I've read most the comments but don't see any direct answer as to how to buy it on the early release date. Thanks a bunch for your help! Looking forward to getting the Bionic ASAP!!!

~Jessie

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Well you really have two choices. You can either preorder it online in which case you *might* get it shipped before September 8th or you can buy it September in your local Verizon store (or Best Buy if they really do get it for launch). I doubt there will be a line but just in case you decide to buy it in stores, I would go to where ever you want to buy it from a little early. You shouldn't need to preoder it to buy it in stores.

Import roller

Reaction score
this seems like it's going to be a quiet release. Kinda like the D3. where they didn't really advertise it much on TV, but if you go in the store, they may already have some in the back. If you ask about the phone, a rep would be able to bring one to you pre-launch date. a rep tried to have me get the D3 a few days before it was officially launched because they did have some, but no one knew about it in the general public since it wasn't out on the floor yet.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bionic having 4G and being dual core...I think it's going to be a larger release than the D3. I can already tell more people know at least something about this device as compared to before the D3 release. When I go to Google and type "Droid," the first prediction search that pops up is for "Droid Bionic" so I know people are searching it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
this seems like it's going to be a quiet release. Kinda like the D3. where they didn't really advertise it much on TV, but if you go in the store, they may already have some in the back. If you ask about the phone, a rep would be able to bring one to you pre-launch date. a rep tried to have me get the D3 a few days before it was officially launched because they did have some, but no one knew about it in the general public since it wasn't out on the floor yet.

Well the Bionic already has Droid ads showing before movies in theaters. Marketing material has showed up for stores (someone posted some store posters at another site) And there will be a scavenger hunt for it...I dont think its gonna be that quiet...lol

We gotta remember the Droid X2 and Droid 3 still doesnt have anything "Drooiidd" connected to it as far as marketing except the Droid Does site and probably posters in stores. I dont really know cuz I have yet to go into a Verizon store this year. But commercials? Neither has any Droid ones yet. I wonder if they ever will now.

JessieT

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the help. I think im going to visit Verizon today to see if I have any luck or get any info.

JessieT

Reaction score
Nope! Im really bummed, I was soooo looking forward to getting it today! :-( oh well might try a different Verizon store tomorrow. Lol im determined to try and get one before the weekend. Let's see if I can make it happen. I will update u tomorrow after my attempt to find it. Have a feeling they wont have out any where until the 8th... im very impatient. Haha

JessieT

Reaction score
Just went to another Verizon store and they told me they aren't sure when its coming out she said that its rumored for the 9th! Ugh! Im getting sooooooooo impatient!

JessieT

Reaction score
I know I'm excited, but im really mad what just happened at my local Verizon store. This guy was a major a$$ to me , and I think I am going to call back up there and let them know how rude and arrogant he was to me. Not to mention he didn't even help with my problem I have. If I didn't want this phone so bad, I definitely would be switching carriers. It was that BAD! I have been with vzw for over 10so years and never been treated like this. Idk I might call the headquarters instead. Hmm.....sooo irritated!!!

Reaction score
I know I'm excited, but im really mad what just happened at my local Verizon store. This guy was a major a$$ to me , and I think I am going to call back up there and let them know how rude and arrogant he was to me. Not to mention he didn't even help with my problem I have. If I didn't want this phone so bad, I definitely would be switching carriers. It was that BAD! I have been with vzw for over 10so years and never been treated like this. Idk I might call the headquarters instead. Hmm.....sooo irritated!!!

Soooo... you're mad enough to tell us that you're mad, but wont tell us how this person got you so fired up?