"Couldn't install on usb storage or SD card."

googlepimp

Reaction score
Hello, I have a moto droid global 2.
System Version: 2.3.330.A956
Android Version: 2.2 :(
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9

This has been happening for awhile, but I've been too lazy to ask why and how to fix it. I have plenty of internal storage and SD card space. The reason why I'm running 2.2 and an outdated system and kernel version is because for some reason I can't update it. However, I'll ask that question at a later time, unless it's because I need to update it. Oh I almost forgot to tell you guys the problem. I can download all application from marketplace and anywhere, but I can't install all of the applications I download. It says ""Couldn't install on usb storage or SD card" when I try to install some application. One example is Frontline Commando. So please help me. I have rooted my phone using z4root if that matters. I don't have a custom rom. I had clockwork mod installed, however I did. My phone would turn into clockwork recoverymod every time i turned it on and off but i deleted clockwork with root explorer.

Last edited:
OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
I'm sure other people had or have the same problem as me

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So you're running froyo?? This is just a guess, but perhaps the apps your trying to download won't run on froyo?? This is a GUESS,

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
never thought of that lol. Also, do you know why I can't update?