Could whats happening with Sony's Playstation Network negatively impact Android?

Beardface

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has been following this, but apparently Sony has recently been heavily cracking down on and going after people who have hacked their PS3 systems for whatever reason. Anyway, apparently that pissed off the hackers group, Anonymous, who threatened retaliation, and pretty much immediately over the past month, the PlayStation Network has been having constant outages, the current one going for the past 2 days and likely to continue through the weekend.

Anyone else think issues like this are only making it inevitable that phone makers, like Moto, HTC, Samsung, LG, etc will do whatever they can to lock down their systems as heavily as possible? Not only that, but if the network providers like Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T really do start cracking down on those who are rooting their phones, is it possible we could be seeing these same kind of outages on our cell networks because of pissed off hackers?

I do not like the writing on the wall for this one. The irrational few are ruining good things for the many.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has been following this, but apparently Sony has recently been heavily cracking down on and going after people who have hacked their PS3 systems for whatever reason. Anyway, apparently that pissed off the hackers group, Anonymous, who threatened retaliation, and pretty much immediately over the past month, the PlayStation Network has been having constant outages, the current one going for the past 2 days and likely to continue through the weekend.

Anyone else think issues like this are only making it inevitable that phone makers, like Moto, HTC, Samsung, LG, etc will do whatever they can to lock down their systems as heavily as possible? Not only that, but if the network providers like Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T really do start cracking down on those who are rooting their phones, is it possible we could be seeing these same kind of outages on our cell networks because of pissed off hackers?

I do not like the writing on the wall for this one. The irrational few are ruining good things for the many.

It is legal to hack your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk