could it be charged

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

travistee

Reaction score
This phone is the original droid razr not the max etc.

I returned my phone under warranty when it stopped charging at night.
It started flashing on and off.
I called tech support from my phone, so they have a record that it was working.
They sent me this pic showing corrosion and water damage.
My phone was not damaged at all. Before it stopped charging the HDMI and charging was ok.
I have witnesses that it was working and not damaged at all.

I don't think a phone with this bad corrosion could have been working, so I think that proves its not my phone.

What do you think?

Attachments

• corosion-post.jpg
    corosion-post.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 256

wcjeep

Reaction score
Call to talk with a supervisor and confirm the ESN is the corroded device. That being said, the corrosion could have been growing but kept to a minimum due to daily use. I've seen highly corroded contacts work way beyond what one would think.

OP
T

travistee

Reaction score
A few days before I showed someone that it wouldn't charge because of a bit of dust on the port. I showed them how I could clean it with a toothpick. It worked fine and we watched videos on HDMI. My phone had no sign of dirt or anything that looked like rust. You can't tell me that HDMI port could work.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
With bad enough corrosion, the contacts would probably snap off and short across the other pins.
While corroded contacts can function, they do suffer from weakened metal and can fail, but you may be able to 'rescue' them with some baking soda to 'etch' the corrosion off the metal pins and shell, then a light rinse with clean water and a blow dryer (with battery removed, of course).

tonyjh63

Reaction score
Weird that i have come across this thread. Last week, my Droid Razr stopped charging (it would indicate that it was charging, with the little "lightning bolt", but wouldn't actually charge).
I finally broke down and upgraded to another phone - the Droid Mini. I made sure to get the wireless charger, to try to avoid the same problem in the future.