Could This be the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No, we haven't. It's just the next step and people think they need it. Like some people think 32gb helps playing Fortnite on PC

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think 4GB is enough but I follow a few tech peeps that have tested the 6GB vs 4GB phones and noticed the improvements.. still have to see it myself..

LG G7

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That and yeah to me it was like the bezels and waterproofing years ago with the pixel. Was it needed, eh. But my thought is if even Apple is doing it then step it up. With the pixel 3xl we know they are going to charge close to iPhone and Note 9 prices. So to me if One Plus found a way to throw in 6 GB for under $600 then there is no reason why Google couldn't considering this phone will be going for 800+. If Apple or Samsung pulled some stuff like that where they were leaving stuff off the table people would be all over that.

Me personally it would be like seeing two similar cars by different makes. If Ford, Dodge, Honda, and Toyota all had their similar priced and sized sedans with Google/Car play but Nissan decided to say "that's not needed people can plug in their aux cord" and decided to price their sedan the same without the Google/Car play. Then I would not be buying the Nissan. The market shows that RAM is cheaper if One Plus is able to offer 6-8gb for $600 so for Google to leave it out is just stupid or arrogant.

Let me stop lol im venting again....I already wrote on my blog my vent piece against Google on this matter.

(saying to self) "Step away from the soapbox".

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm going to disagree. To just throw extra ram in there that, imo, is clearly not needed just so it says on the box "look! 6 gigs!" just to what? Be first (second)? Look cutting edge? Just have a better spec then the phone next to it? Just for bragging rights?
I mean hell... If your phone needs 6 gigs to run well, maybe your OS sucks. Idk. I just see it SO much. I hang out on a forum that helps people build PCs. It's crazy how many people think 32gb is must have or...future proofing...and they play Overwatch. (Tip: 16 is more then you need or will need for some time).
I play Ingress. This game is a beast similar to PoGo. It requires active data and GPS. If your phone has 2gb or less, anytime you tab away from the game it must completely reload. 3 or 4? Pick up right where you left off. Hell, on my 4gb phone, sometimes when I open the app THE NEXT DAY, it pops right up. Sitting in the RAM waiting...over frigging night!
It's simply not necessary.
Why do we think it is? It's the next best thing, right? Or is it bloggers and vloggers...like you PC747... Filling our heads with this nonsense. Haha

/Steps down from the box and remove tongue from cheek.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm going to disagree. To just throw extra ram in there that, imo, is clearly not needed just so it says on the box "look! 6 gigs!" just to what? Be first (second)? Look cutting edge? Just have a better spec then the phone next to it? Just for bragging rights?
I mean hell... If your phone needs 6 gigs to run well, maybe your OS sucks. Idk. I just see it SO much. I hang out on a forum that helps people build PCs. It's crazy how many people think 32gb is must have or...future proofing...and they play Overwatch. (Tip: 16 is more then you need or will need for some time).
I play Ingress. This game is a beast similar to PoGo. It requires active data and GPS. If your phone has 2gb or less, anytime you tab away from the game it must completely reload. 3 or 4? Pick up right where you left off. Hell, on my 4gb phone, sometimes when I open the app THE NEXT DAY, it pops right up. Sitting in the RAM waiting...over frigging night!
It's simply not necessary.
Why do we think it is? It's the next best thing, right? Or is it bloggers and vloggers...like you PC747... Filling our heads with this nonsense. Haha

/Steps down from the box and remove tongue from cheek.

But it is needed. I have noticed slowdown on my 2XL. Enough to warrant not using, no. But enough for me not to spend 800 for this phone again considering.

But again that is what is great about options. We all get to vote with our wallets.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Well then your 2XL sucks. :);)
Love ya brother. Thanks for taking my comments in the spirit they were intended, as I knew you would.

(To have fun, debate, and play devils advocate)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Note 9 available with 8. Crazy.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm going to disagree. To just throw extra ram in there that, imo, is clearly not needed

Maybe not today, but for someone who intends to keep their phone for 2+ years (which is very relevant with these things topping $1000 now).

Also, I have a ton of home screens and widgets. Have even considered a second launcher & set-up/theme for work. To run that much stuff smoothly requires a good bit of ram (that the apps themselves really aren't equipped to take advantage of, yet). And apps like Google Play Services and the like are increasing their ram demand almost exponentially.

Sure, you can say more than 4GB is competely unnecessary....but you're assuming all the apps out there are designed with resource optimization in mind. Most, IMO, don't appear to be. Also not the same as a Windows PC - my phone has a bunch of apps constantly updating and downloading news, stock market info, etc.. Most people aren't like that, but it IS possible to need a bunch of ram without gaming.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@bkdodger, you have the thinq, it has 6gb of RAM right?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
here ya go.. leaks keep on coming..

Small clip and pics

Pixel 3 XL Leaks in Fresh Hands-on, Photo Samples and Wireless... Pixel 3 XL Leaks in Fresh Hands-on, Photo Samples and Wireless...

d8d74bf6d349b54b7ef948185fbf3957.jpg
6c74a4328eb5a8114c347c8d161da89d.jpg
c819502590c70fac1c9d72da5264ac13.jpg
d4897fbb92a0733dfc085ff3c13120e9.jpg

LG G7

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My God that notch...I get the complaints now.