Could This be the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know just too many leaks.. This has to be the worst yet of any recent phone...

Pixel 2 XL

True.

But if the phone turned out to have been a beast of a phone. I'm talking about a notch similar to the OP6T, a 5000 mAh battery, 8 GBs of Ram, top notch Samsung panel, and priced right. Even though we saw the leaks, the excitement would be out of this world. Google would not have enough servers to handle the traffic of android nerds crowding their site.

It's the opposite, at least for me. We are basically seeing the exact same phone with the only change being a notch and a SD845. We practically knew the phone we were getting since June. It was just a matter of waiting until October. Knowing everything + getting nothing new = boring release.

The only rabbit that Google could pull to bring excitement to me would be a 6 or 8 GB variant option to purchase. Even the Pixel Slate, which had my interest earlier this year, no longer interest me. Not because it was leaked. But because I know Google still haven't made ChromeOS tablet ready.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
True.

But if the phone turned out to have been a beast of a phone. I'm talking about a notch similar to the OP6T, a 5000 mAh battery, 8 GBs of Ram, top notch Samsung panel, and priced right. Even though we saw the leaks, the excitement would be out of this world. Google would not have enough servers to handle the traffic of android nerds crowding their site.

It's the opposite, at least for me. We are basically seeing the exact same phone with the only change being a notch and a SD845. We practically knew the phone we were getting since June. It was just a matter of waiting until October. Knowing everything + getting nothing new = boring release.

The only rabbit that Google could pull to bring excitement to me would be a 6 or 8 GB variant option to purchase. Even the Pixel Slate, which had my interest earlier this year, no longer interest me. Not because it was leaked. But because I know Google still haven't made ChromeOS tablet ready.
Yeah not looking to big of upgrade year... If stays this way I'm passing... Let's hope for complete surprise..

Pixel 2 XL

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
How much RAM does a freaking phone need? Most consumers don't need 8? Being bothered because a phone doesn't come with 6 or 8 is madness to me.... It's a phone. If your phone needs 8 gb of RAM your OS sucks. Period.
PC gamers can get by perfectly fine on 8...yet your phone needs that much? Stop. Just stop already... Chasing a numbers game that means nothing...
Bring something new to the table....not MOAR RAM.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How much RAM does a freaking phone need? Most consumers don't need 8? Being bothered because a phone doesn't come with 6 or 8 is madness to me.... It's a phone. If your phone needs 8 gb of RAM your OS sucks. Period.
PC gamers can get by perfectly fine on 8...yet your phone needs that much? Stop. Just stop already... Chasing a numbers game that means nothing...
Bring something new to the table....not MOAR RAM.

Why not?

If other phones have manufacturers managed to pack it in their phones, should we not expect the Pixel to do the same?

People use their phones now just as much, if not more than, computers. I personally do a lot of multitasking on my phone. So I want the extra RAM.

If Google said they shifted from the "nexus" to the "pixel" to bring a better hardware experience, hence the reason it cost more. Then I expect the hardware to either match or exceed the competition. If they are not going to do that, then let's go back to the nexus.

I was one who was ok with Google charging market price for a phone so that we could finally get top hardware in a Google phone. Plus, people use their phones for different reasons, including gaming. So for those wanting it to play Fortnite , they would also appreciate the extra RAM.

As far as bringing something new, we are seeing that from other manufacturers. LG is trying to go with multiple cameras, we are seeing more of these gaming phones. There are people experimenting, but the market continues to crowd the same few phones. It is more about who is making the phone vs what the phones can do. Apple put out the same phones 2 years in a row before making slight changes, and yet people run right back.

Samsung may be the only company willing to take risks here and there. Other manufacturers are looking for the trend.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I think it is all about having a full computer in your hands. They will push the envelope until there's no need for laptop or computers.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It’s most definitely a computer now ...these phones are no longer just for calls and text ...I’m from the school I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it ...

iPhone X

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Still disagree. My 4gb phone runs great right now. Awesome in fact.
It's the same stuff I see on the PC builder help forum I hang out on.
People insisting they need 32gb.
Well if 16gb is good 32 must be better. Windows can barely take advantage of the full 16 let alone 32. Unless you're doing AutoCAD or CGI or running a server, 32 is a waste.
Likewise,Android isn't taking advantage of 8 either. It's just something that makes it look better on paper or something to make you want to upgrade your phone for. Or at least feel better about it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Haha... peeps need to let go of the jack already... every phone release it's the same thing... Lmao

Notch looks a bit exaggerated...

I don't like the fact they jumped the price of the smaller Pixel by that amount... Crazy IMO...

I will be sticking with my XL which will have all the stuff ported...

Pixel 2 XL

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Facebook isn't being too kind to Google either Seems as though majority of common folks are really disappointed with it.