Could this be the "fortified" glass in the Nexus?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
i drove a lotus once.... It sucked. So slow compare to the other fast cars. Did i mention that this drive i took was on Need for speed? haha i wish i drove the one in that pic though.

Tas

Reaction score
I'll take the lotus as well with a cup of coffee on the side. Black. No sugar please.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe they stated it wouldn't be Lotus glass, but that was maybe a month ago I read that so it could have been incorrect info.

baldybill

Reaction score
Is the Gnex glass scratch-resistant, or will we need a screen protector?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far all we know was released from their facebook page, which said "It's not gorilla glass, but it is another type of fortified glass."

We assume it's scratch resistant.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dout it is corning since they said it isnt their glass. just saying. Lotus glass is a product of corning so i bet its an in house glass or its something like apples. Definitely get the insurance with this phone for the first month til you at least know how strong it is. Their will be vids of people testing it to beyond its limits for sure.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Screen protectors make these new beautiful screens look like Crap, yes zagg are great for protecting the screen, but take away the clean look of the screen, I use zagg on my ipod touch, and no screen protector on my Incredible which sports Gorilla Glass.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Felix 222

Reaction score

alucard9114

Reaction score
It's hard to go wrong for $3, but I've had back luck with other protectors. Little by little, the corners would peel away and pocket lint would work its way in between the screen and protector after being pulled out and placed back into my jean pockets.

Is the adhesive dependable on these?

same exact product just different name.

datacreek

Reaction score
I hate screen protectors.

If it's the same glass on the Galaxy 2 then I'm not that worried. The drop test vid against the iPhone said a lot.

I haven't heard much about call quality (radio acquisition) or sound quality. That's the only thing that will keep me from pre-ordering.

Used to my moto's signal and call quality but I def want this over the Razor.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
have an accident in that tiny lotus... you'll die

walk around w a gorilla and no one will ever mess with you! ... plus if u get stuck in a tree he'll get u

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums