Could the HTC Vigor be dropping this month?!?

rykrieg

Reaction score
We Made the list ;)

35391.png

haha mine has the worst battey life....that makes sense. :dry:

Hey - At least our phone made the list ;) What I find shocking is that the Incredible 2 is not in the list. :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anandtech has infinitely more credibility than AndroidandMe or PhoneArena as they test all of their phones with the same methodology and thoroughly.

Brandon

I agree. All things being equal with the phones, no issues, etc Anandtech is a....probably thee.... go to spot for info. PhoneArena does ok with battery tests too at times. That PhoneArena article that was posted was from May of this year and that issue had more to do with GB than dual core if I remember correctly. Yea...its even mentioned in the PhoneArena article:

Power consumption management in Android might be significantly flawed and it’s a software issue, if we are to believe Russian tech blogger Eldar Murtazin who summarizes reports about battery consumption issues in a tweet claiming that all dual-core Android phones running on a version prior to 2.3.4 suffer from battery problems.

The software flaw has reportedly been fixed in the latest 2.3.4 version of Gingerbread. Battery fixes have been made in the latest Gingerbread, but reports about the final outcome are controversial at best. Judging from previous reports it’s only 0.03% of all Android phones that employ 2.3.4, so it’s mostly Nexus S users who got to test the version, but chances are if you have a dual-core phone with Google’s platform – your phone could improve after the update.

Last edited:

billyk

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think the Vigor will drop until later this year. Early rumors were for Oct 4 or so, but if I waited for that it and it was delayed, after waiting too long already for the Bionic, I think I'd just go back to my 1994 Moto Flip Phone and be done with it. :)

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think the Vigor will drop until later this year. Early rumors were for Oct 4 or so, but if I waited for that it and it was delayed, after waiting too long already for the Bionic, I think I'd just go back to my 1994 Moto Flip Phone and be done with it. :)

It won't be, its coming out October 6th, the map leaked that and evidence supports it.

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
[Kernel] Protekk 2.6.35.14
Waiting for the Vigor...

billyk

Reaction score
I guess I missed the conclusive evidence.
Care to share?
I thought this was still in the rumor stage.

Reaction score
I guess I missed the conclusive evidence.
Care to share?
I thought this was still in the rumor stage.

Well the map leaked, then the 3.0 Bluetooth certification for the device leaked, then the first look at Sense 3.5 leaked, the phone was leaked on a Dutch retailer sight, and recent pics show it all ready to go. We also know basically all the specs.

sent from a Th3orized 'Bolt using the Droid Forums app
...waiting for the \/IGOR...

Reaction score
Id be shocked if that were the case if it was ready to drop.HOWEVER, we are used to the saga that is the bionic so from rumor to a month from launch realistically is possible... The bionic drama ruined all the fun now for everything else.

nhfire152

Reaction score
HTC is having some kind of media blitz on September 20th. The things I have read on some other forums are all pointing to an October 6th release date after they hype it up at the meeting on the 20th. I can see HTC pulling it off, no problem.

patriot95

Reaction score
HTC is having some kind of media blitz on September 20th. The things I have read on some other forums are all pointing to an October 6th release date after they hype it up at the meeting on the 20th. I can see HTC pulling it off, no problem.

Now the question is... get the Vigor or wait to compare it to the Prime? ARGH!

patriot95

Reaction score
Don't forget the Droid HD :icon_ devil:

True.. true. At this point one just needs to come out. The Bionic looks nice but it just seems a little bit boring to me. I think the next wave of Prime, Vigor and HD will be true head turners. I'll probably buy the first one to hit the shelves and then maybe play the return game if something else is out within the two week period. 4.5" may be too big, but I wont say until I hold it.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
True.. true. At this point one just needs to come out. The Bionic looks nice but it just seems a little bit boring to me. I think the next wave of Prime, Vigor and HD will be true head turners. I'll probably buy the first one to hit the shelves and then maybe play the return game if something else is out within the two week period. 4.5" may be too big, but I wont say until I hold it.

That is what I was thinking until a 4.65" was rumored and I though that'd be too big, until I saw a 5.3" was rumored and saw it in a video and I haven't wanted anything else since... to bad it isn't coming to the states.

patriot95

Reaction score
That is what I was thinking until a 4.65" was rumored and I though that'd be too big, until I saw a 5.3" was rumored and saw it in a video and I haven't wanted anything else since... to bad it isn't coming to the states.

You would really want to carry a 5.3" device in your pocket all day, every day? I think if I'm going to carry something that large with me, it'd be in a situation when I'd just bring a tablet along. I respect you wanting a 5.3" device... but man that seems big. IMHO, I think 4.3" is the sweet spot.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You would really want to carry a 5.3" device in your pocket all day, every day? I think if I'm going to carry something that large with me, it'd be in a situation when I'd just bring a tablet along. I respect you wanting a 5.3" device... but man that seems big. IMHO, I think 4.3" is the sweet spot.

You are than more likely right that after a week or so (or the first time I try to travel with it) I would regret having a phone that size. But on the other hand, if they can pack a 4.5" or 4.65" screen into the frame of the current 4.3" phones by removing the capacitive buttons and utilizing more of the face of the phone, I would be 100% for that.