Could the Handheld Nautiz X1 Be the Toughest Smartphone in the World?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nautiz-X1-ultra-rugged-smartphone-IP67-1.jpeg

If you haven't heard of the smartphone brand, Handheld, or its newest smartphone offering, don't feel bad. These guys apparently specialize in rugged computer technology in Europe primarily, and compete directly with the likes of the Panasonic Toughbook. Apparently, they just got into the Android smartphone business too. They are preparing to launch their newest rugged device, called the Nautiz X1 in January of next year. This is a IP67 certified Android smartphone, and also complies with the 810G military standard. This basically means that it is heavily waterproof, dust-proof, and shock-resistant.

They claim that their phone is the toughest smartphone in the world, which may or man not be true. One thing is for sure, based upon the other rugged Android phones that we know about, the Nautiz X1 could have some of the best internal specs of all the rugged products out there. Here's a quick breakdown:
  • Dual-core processor clocked at 1GHz
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 4-inch WVGA screen retains its readability even in broad daylight
  • 5-megapixel camera
  • 2GB built-in memory
  • A microSD card
  • 15 millimeter body weighing 180 grams
  • Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth, and GPS
  • Android 4.0 comes out of the box, but if needed, Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 can be pre-installed instead
  • 1530mAh battery, but an extended, 2920mAh cell is also available
The phone will likely sell for $900 dollars unlocked which is actually very competitive, considering its rugged specs. While the average consumer will not really have any need for this device, this could be a very affordable option for folks working in industries that might test the limits of the phone's capabilities. Sound off if you work in one of those industries and what you think of this phone.

Source: PhoneArena

frankiez

Reaction score
I install Verizon Fios and I definitely think a phone like this would be good to have. Daily you will find me crawling hands and knees thru someones attic or working in the bushes outside of their house. Having a phone like this would ease my mind of scratching the crap outta my phone or banging it into something. We used to use Panasonic Toughbooks in our vans but are getting ready to get Panasonic Toughpads. Its supposedly an Android based rugged tablet. I dont know what version of android. Hopefully at least ICS.

52brandon

Reaction score
looks pretty thick. What would be the difference between getting this or getting a regular smartphone with a badass case and getting it dipped in that water/dust-proof solution? Does it have other shock absorbing qualities on the interior as well?

geoff5093

Reaction score
Why do these awesome phones always have horrible specs? 512MB of RAM, 1530mAh battery, and no 4G?