could not answer the call

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by qwerty04, Feb 15, 2010.

1. qwerty04

qwerty04 New Member

i just got a phone call and my screen showed the name of the caller but that was it. there was no choice to answer the phone. has this happened to anyone? do i have a defective phone?
    i think i might know what the problem is. i was using handcent while i got the call. would handcent do that?
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  2. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

I don't use handcent personally, but I don't think it should do that. I'm pretty sure an incoming call is always supposed to take priority over anything you're doing and bring up the answer ignore screen. What apps do you have installed? Is this the first time your phone has done this? Which apps have you installed most recently?
  3. qwerty04

qwerty04 New Member

yes it is the first time it happened. i recently installed remotedroid and photoshop and checkbook
  4. beneharris

beneharris New Member

it may have been a one time thing. ive had my phone force close on me when the call came in. THAT pissed me off
  5. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

Hmmm I don't recall running across anyone having any similar type problems associated with any of those apps. I'd say wait and see if it happens again. If it continues to happen, uninstall your apps and see if it works normally. Then you can reinstall them 1 by 1 to try and pinpoint which one is causing the issue. But as beneharris said, may have just been a 1 time glitch based on the uniqe set of stuff that was going on on the phone at that exact moment.
  6. qwerty04

qwerty04 New Member

thank you for your guys' help
  7. droider4life

droider4life New Member

I just wanted to say that my phone actually did this once about two days after I got it.. and I was texting also with the stock messenger and I was thinking great a faulty phone but then it has never done it again... "knock on wood"