Could May 30th be the day?

Spartan

Reaction score
I'm thinking why in the H*ll does it take Verizon so long to launch a product that everyone else is launching next week!:mad:

jamjr74

Reaction score
Seriously Verizon is the largest carrier and should be launching these devices first!!!! Tmobile will have the S4 a month before verizon really?????????????

bbtkd

Reaction score
Seriously Verizon is the largest carrier and should be launching these devices first!!!! Tmobile will have the S4 a month before verizon really?????????????

Takes longer to cram all the bloatware into their custom Android release. With 2GB of RAM, they'll be able to find twice as many software vendors willing to pay to have their software included as bloatware.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
google needs to do what apple does require all their devices to be released at the same time. I know about Motorola and Samsung and lg but if they all do the same thing. Didn't the new blackberry launch at the same time everywhere?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
google needs to do what apple does require all their devices to be released at the same time. I know about Motorola and Samsung and lg but if they all do the same thing. Didn't the new blackberry launch at the same time everywhere?

Problem is that they are not Google's devices.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I understand but google runs the droid os on them. I just don't get how Verizon can take an extra month than other carriers and who knows when it will be released on Verizon. Then to boot Verizon is ALWAYS the last carrier to offer updates. That is why I loved my original droid. You could root it and get the updates sooner plus I don't think it took as long as it does now for the phone to get updates.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
You don't understand how Android works.

Android is free. If you had a couple hundred million dollars you could create your own Android device.

Google only controls the direction of the Android software and the Nexus devices they release once a year. Deployment of other hardware is strictly dependent on the wishes of the manufacturers and carriers.

But you are correct in saying that Verizon does prefer a slow rollout of devices. This likely increases profits in some way or they wouldn't be doing it.

J

JohnDroid

I'm not sure why it takes Verizon longer to do it, other then they do more testing :(

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
They gotta add all their bloatware apps :disappointed:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They gotta add all their bloatware apps :disappointed:

Don't forget they also have to figure out a way to introduce bugs into the ui also. That could delay it longer than the bloatware addition

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post