Could Google Remove Youtube from Apple Products

khelek

Reaction score
If you think about it, Apple hasn't exactly embraced Google's other offerings with open arms *cough*googlevoice*cough*. So, if Google stripped them of their YouTube app, well, it's giving Apple what it wants, right? :)

That said, I agree with someone else that it would be too apparent that Google is retaliating. Apple hasn't gone after them (yet), but I must admit, their going after HTC has me a bit alarmed....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
LOL I'm all for Youtube staying on the iPhone. Oh the irony of one of apple's top apps being from their nemesis company :icon_ banana:

+1 :icon_ banana:

JCo352

Reaction score
If you think about it, Apple hasn't exactly embraced Google's other offerings with open arms *cough*googlevoice*cough*. So, if Google stripped them of their YouTube app, well, it's giving Apple what it wants, right? :)

That said, I agree with someone else that it would be too apparent that Google is retaliating. Apple hasn't gone after them (yet), but I must admit, their going after HTC has me a bit alarmed....

They haven't went after them per se, but that little update that the Nexus1 got enabling multi-touch was googles way of saying fu to lil stevey, which i think might have consequently sparked this lawsuit. And it also just added fuel to the fire of the rapidly growing Android OS, which probably scares the hell out of Apple

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would love to see Google pull it's iPhone support from Apple. It's the immature side of me that likes to watch rivalries spiral out of control.

I seriously doubt there's any sort of antitrust litigation that could stop Google from doing it. As it's been stated before, Google couldnt block Apple access to their site, but Google doesnt have to provide the iPhone with an app.

Sleeve

Reaction score
I thought the HD fullscreen Android app was a platform exclusive. Don't iPhone users already get a sub-Droid experience?

On the lawsuit, I think HTC has been begging for it back to the HTC Touch. HTC should release a drink coaster app for the iPad.

rawveeda

Reaction score
I guess. If HULU is allowed to block the PS3 web browser from content. Why can't Google/Youtube do similar?

iPirate

Reaction score
what about maybe Google creating some features on the Android app exclusively for Android phones, like i dunno maybe the ability to make video playlists or other stuff.
Can't the android version of maps post pictures on buzz but apple's cannot? google doesnt need to create spec apps for android, there are already a few because apple won't let the apps be on their phones lol google voice is one

iPirate

Reaction score
I guess. If HULU is allowed to block the PS3 web browser from content. Why can't Google/Youtube do similar?
While it would be funny, Google wont do it because of the amount of money they would loose. Google is probably laughing cause Apple is making them so much money when their users search and watch videos.

:icon_ banana:

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
lol yeah, but also i feel like Google isn't doing it enough, the reason that manufacturers like android is because Google is giving it out for free, and the manufacturers are able to mod it however they like, like motoblur and HTC Sense. But i feel like Google isn't marketing Android enough to the consumers. The manufacturers shouldn't have to advertise it by themselves when it is Google's job to provide updates and such.