Costco exchange Bionic for Razr anybody?

Kurupt

Reaction score
I purchased my Bionic latter part of September. I love the phone now, but like most of you this is making me cringe hearing how soon the Razr is coming out. I have a case on my phone so i could care less about the battery coming out, not to mention I pack a portable charger if I really need extra battery life. If Costco gets this Razr, I am for sure going to be exchanging the Bionic if I can, anybody else?

warrior21

Reaction score
Nope, keeping the bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, if I were I'd be getting the Nexus (just don't like the idea of not being able to change the battery). But no plans on any exchange.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie; I thought about it. I probably won't though; I think I invested too much time with mine and really, the only real difference would be the RAZR is prettier. The guts are basically the same. Plus, I don't wanna pay full price for a new phone after only having this one for 6 weeks. I think I'll stick it out with my Bionic till I qualify for an upgrade.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'd consider the Nexus. Has anyone actually had a successful return to costco beyond 14 days? When I say successful I mean getting a whole new phone model or even a resetting of NE2 to get a phone later? Is it 90 days?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I'd consider the Nexus. Has anyone actually had a successful return to costco beyond 14 days? When I say successful I mean getting a whole new phone model or even a resetting of NE2 to get a phone later? Is it 90 days?

Yes, I got a new model after 2 months. It depends on how nice the Costco workers are.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ahendric

Reaction score
Yeah, I was told by the costco salesman that I had 90 days to come in and exchange my bionic for any phone they carry, no questions asked. So I have until December to switch. Right now the only thing I would possibly consider is the Prime, but the size concerns me and the lack of removable media.

Having to much fun with my bionic.

lanza_david

Reaction score
I was also told 90 days exchange for any model. My Bionic is having some lockups and reboots. The bluetooth earpiece locks it up while voicedialing, and once in a while it just reboots. I have not exchanged it yet because I am waiting to see their offerings, and my issues could be fixed with the OTA updates, who knows. I noticed they do not carry any nexus phones, so it is likely the Galaxy Nexus will not be offered, but we'll see. All three phones have their pros and cons. I have not decided yet. Will wait for reviews and more reading. I do not feel bad about exchanging since it is Costco's policy, so it is transparent. It is not they are doing a favor to us, or we are trying to defraud them.

Actuallee

Reaction score
I read up on the specs just posted and really the processor is slightly upped and its thinner. But that's a preference issue. I personally don't mind the size. There are different issues but I mean its Luke asking do you like green apples or red. Its not that more advanced. Why the same company decided to release 3 new phones so close together is beyong me...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BeerManMike

Reaction score
I read up on the specs just posted and really the processor is slightly upped and its thinner. But that's a preference issue. I personally don't mind the size. There are different issues but I mean its Luke asking do you like green apples or red. Its not that more advanced. Why the same company decided to release 3 new phones so close together is beyong me...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thinner, different screen (better depending on power consumption and performance outside in the sun), technically fast, better software (ICS first, power management software and upgraded Zumocast now called Motocast), may have a better LTE antenna, splash protection, metal frame, Kevlar back. All around a better phone, especially if it has good battery life and does decent outside in the sun. Although the main argument isn't they had a "better" phone, it's they had a phone >= the Bionic in their hand, possible in production already when they marketing the Bionic as the flagship awesomest phone to rule all phone in the world. Hell they are a company that cares about profit first and foremost and they had to get their money back from all time and money they dumped into the Bionic and how could they do that if they announced the RAZR before the Bionic went on sale, ALOT less would buy the Bionic if the RAZR was advertised in any way. Thus not making their money back and not making their shareholder happy and as you can see profit/shareholders > loyal customers in Moto's eyes, it's obvious.

xunge3

Reaction score
Have question about ur comment....

I was also told 90 days exchange for any model. My Bionic is having some lockups and reboots. The bluetooth earpiece locks it up while voicedialing, and once in a while it just reboots. I have not exchanged it yet because I am waiting to see their offerings, and my issues could be fixed with the OTA updates, who knows. I noticed they do not carry any nexus phones, so it is likely the Galaxy Nexus will not be offered, but we'll see. All three phones have their pros and cons. I have not decided yet. Will wait for reviews and more reading. I do not feel bad about exchanging since it is Costco's policy, so it is transparent. It is not they are doing a favor to us, or we are trying to defraud them.

So this exchange policy only works through Costco? Only if the person bought their phone through Costco?

Reaction score
So this exchange policy only works through Costco? Only if the person bought their phone through Costco?

Costco has a 90 day electronic return policy. This policy encompasses phones as well. In order to return it as per the salesperson, you needed to return your phone with all the included accessories at time of purchase, and not to have any scratches on the screen. (surprised at that given the possibility for bevel or door scratches. But more than possible if you purchased at costco

Camdog916

Reaction score
Oh HECK YEAH I am going to get the new Razr. I bought my Bionic on Vz.com and for some reason my account shows that I never upgraded to the Bionic so I will be getting the Razr when it comes out. My only problem is selling my Bionic. Not sure I am going to get $250 to sell it. I was on Gazelle.com last week and they say they will give me $290 for it but I am sure how much I trust that site.

Moto screw all us Bionic users. What they should of done is scrap the Bionic and just came out with the Razr. They already announced that the Ice Cream Ios is coming to the Razr before the Bionic so in less then 30 days they have already moved on to a better phone.

FyrJammer

Reaction score
I don't know what your Costco rep has been telling you, but the way that I understand it is you have the 90 days exchange. Of that 90 days the first 30 days is anytime exchange no matter what. The next 60 days if there is damage or manufacture defect. Either way, Costco has a MUCH better return / exchange policy than the Verizon store. Verizon rake$ you.
ANYway, my Bionic is dead. Battery won't charge, won't turn on, NOTHING. So I have a choice:
Take battery to Verizon store and have them charge or exchange the battery.
Take the phone Back to Costco and get another one
OR (and I may just do this)
Wait until Razr comes out and exchange it. I'll have 2 days to spare (30 day anytime exchange).
But that's just me.