Corrupted Camera/Gallery "AGAIN"on my Galaxy Note 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

asablue

Reaction score
I had this happen to me talked to a tech person from Minnesota and he had me check my sd card on my home computer and it worked
there so he had me down load everything to my desktop and reformat my sd card and reloaded everything back onto my sd card and it
works perfect now.

moshi

Reaction score
settings/application manager/media storage/clear data

Hey Natey2, I did some research on rebuilding the thumbnail files and found some interesting posts all over the net. One of them however DID solve the problem, so before any of you that are having this issue performs a daring Factory Data Reset or try to reformat your SDcard to resolve this, first you might want to clear the data on your Media Storage app in the settings! Basically go to "settings/application manager/media storage/clear data" then reboot and wait about 5-10 minutes for your data to refresh itself. Be warned that I also lost all of my music playlists when doing this, but it did correct the problem with my Gallery AND stock Camera so that they both work again. I was able to later restore my playlist with TB since I'm rooted.

Also, I take no credit for this information since I'm just passing it on to hopefully help someone else going through the same thing. If I could remember who actually solved the issue I would surely give him/her credit since the forum folks have proven once again to be smarter than BOTH Verizon AND Samsung with their own product (knowing it better than they do which is amazing).

Thanks again all, and good luck.

Hi
Thank you guys for the information.
I have a similar problem, only that the corrupted files are the video that i had taken with the Note camera. Others videos that i've been shared with, played ok. The stills photo are ok too.
I also noticed that if the video file isn't big enough, it can still be played. but files over, say, 350 Mb are always corrupted.
I'm sure it is something to do with the SD card, since when I replaced my card with my friend's card, the problem roamed to his device... more than that, if i dismount the SD card from my device, the videos file are fine.
I already formatted the SD. It helped for a while but the problem returned.
However, i'd like to try the above solution (unless anyone has a better idea), but I can't find the "media storage/clear data" at "settings/application manager/".

Could someone direct me to the "clear date" app? do I have to install it or is it part of the system?

thank's again

lipak

Reaction score
Hi
Thank you guys for the information.
I have a similar problem, only that the corrupted files are the video that i had taken with the Note camera. Others videos that i've been shared with, played ok. The stills photo are ok too.
I also noticed that if the video file isn't big enough, it can still be played. but files over, say, 350 Mb are always corrupted.
I'm sure it is something to do with the SD card, since when I replaced my card with my friend's card, the problem roamed to his device... more than that, if i dismount the SD card from my device, the videos file are fine.
I already formatted the SD. It helped for a while but the problem returned.
However, i'd like to try the above solution (unless anyone has a better idea), but I can't find the "media storage/clear data" at "settings/application manager/".

Could someone direct me to the "clear date" app? do I have to install it or is it part of the system?

thank's again

In setting/application manager there will be 3 sections 1. Downloaded apps 2 . Running 3. All... Media Storage (in fact all system apps) will appear in ALL section
click on there you will see 'clear data'

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

sly808

Reaction score
galaxy note 2-corrupted photos/videos

Hey Natey2, I did some research on rebuilding the thumbnail files and found some interesting posts all over the net. One of them however DID solve the problem, so before any of you that are having this issue performs a daring Factory Data Reset or try to reformat your SDcard to resolve this, first you might want to clear the data on your Media Storage app in the settings! Basically go to "settings/application manager/media storage/clear data" then reboot and wait about 5-10 minutes for your data to refresh itself. Be warned that I also lost all of my music playlists when doing this, but it did correct the problem with my Gallery AND stock Camera so that they both work again. I was able to later restore my playlist with TB since I'm rooted.

Also, I take no credit for this information since I'm just passing it on to hopefully help someone else going through the same thing. If I could remember who actually solved the issue I would surely give him/her credit since the forum folks have proven once again to be smarter than BOTH Verizon AND Samsung with their own product (knowing it better than they do which is amazing).

Thanks again all, and good luck.

Hey! When you did that did it also erase your corrupted pics. Any suggestions on recovery?
Thanks!

moshi

Reaction score
cant find the "media storage/clear data" menu

Hi.
i must be doing something wrong.
attached is a screen shot of my "settings/application manager". one can see there isn't "media storage" at all.
what am i doing wrong?

Tom_Syntex

Reaction score
Corrupted Gallery

For about 6 months I've been having problems with my Note II deleting my playlists. Sometimes they would last a few weeks, sometimes only a few days. Annoying, but not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Then about a week ago, my Camera gallery stopped working. Just a blank page would appear where my albums used to be. The pictures were still accessible thru the file manager, but that was a pain to use. And sometimes when I went to open the gallery, the camera app opened instead. So now I had to get serious and fix this. I could not let my wife with her iPhone 4 trash talk my Note II.

I thought about trudging into the AT&T store for technical help, but figured unless I got extremely lucky, they would just say 'factory reset' and move on. So I came here.

When you said that the fix would erase your playlists, then I figured we were on to something. Your solution did indeed work perfectly.

These phones have become so complex, I doubt if there is anyone who actually understands how the software works to this level of detail in every situation.

I registered today for this forum for the sole purpose of saying thank you for your help. Even though your issue is now a year behind you, thanks so much for posting the solution for the rest of us.

Have a great holiday season.

Tom

jimg50

Reaction score
Its due to backup plus you have to disable it. I spoke with Verizon and told them to take that app off but they refuse. I have had the same problem it sends pictures to the web and take some of your phone and I can't retrieve them under Application Manager you need to stop the application do of force stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.