Corrupt Voice Search Keeps Returning

xm41907

Reaction score
I mentioned this in a previous thread, but thought the problem was resolved, it wasn't.

When I first installed Liberty 2.0, everything seemed to be running well but I started having FC's on a number of themed apps. I reinstalled 2.0 and thought I'd fixed it but voice search keeps FCing on me. If I restore my backup via titanium, it works again, for awhile, but then somehow the corrupt version keeps coming back. I'm not sure if it means anything, but the corrupt version is black and blue. When I restore my old version, it's the standard greyscale icon.

I've tried force uninstalling it via titanium and still it comes back. I'm not sure when or what causes it to revert to the corrupt version. I recall reading somewhere that there is a "restore" folder associated with Liberty and my thinking is that within that folder is the corrupt version, but I can't seem to find it.

Any help or ideas? I'd rather not reinstall as everything else is working awesomely!

OP
X

xm41907

Reaction score
ok, so I reinstalled 2.0.1 and voice search still force closes unless I restore the workable version I have a backup of. I am using the Liberated HC theme. I've tried several other themes and they all seem to be doing it as well. Not sure how it keeps reverting. Any clues?

jdog94

Reaction score
delete all google voice and google search items from system/apps and data/apps with root explorer then reinstall from market

edwards2243

Reaction score
delete all google voice and google search items from system/apps and data/apps with root explorer then reinstall from market

Has anyone tried this and had it work? I've deleted and reinstalled voice search, but what else should I delete? Still getting FCs.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

edwards2243

Reaction score
So I just deleted google voice search again, reinstalled, and it's working fine again. I'll report back in a couple days after some reboots...hopefully it'll be fine now.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

dandaman442

Reaction score
I mentioned this in a previous thread, but thought the problem was resolved, it wasn't.

When I first installed Liberty 2.0, everything seemed to be running well but I started having FC's on a number of themed apps. I reinstalled 2.0 and thought I'd fixed it but voice search keeps FCing on me. If I restore my backup via titanium, it works again, for awhile, but then somehow the corrupt version keeps coming back. I'm not sure if it means anything, but the corrupt version is black and blue. When I restore my old version, it's the standard greyscale icon.

I've tried force uninstalling it via titanium and still it comes back. I'm not sure when or what causes it to revert to the corrupt version. I recall reading somewhere that there is a "restore" folder associated with Liberty and my thinking is that within that folder is the corrupt version, but I can't seem to find it.

Any help or ideas? I'd rather not reinstall as everything else is working awesomely!

two years after yer post i find myself in same boat, so far i i found that helps is too turn off all connectivity, and even then if u move the wire it will start again, seems to me it's related to the connection of the stereo mini cable, if it's moved even a bit it triggers the auto dial again, any new ideas? as this is makin me lose my mind