Corrupt Pics

deepseachris

Reaction score
I am on my 2nd D3. I had problems with the pics. I could take a new pic and view it a few times and the thumbnail in the gallery would look fine. When trying to open the pic in my gallery the pic appeared to be partially and sometimes fully pixelated. I have tried To pattern the problem and it seems random. It looks like some kind of file corruption. I have had my referb for about a week now and it is starting to do the same thing. I also noticed after assigning a contact a particular ringtone it has a tendency to change by itself. It is not the one that I assigned it. If anyone out there in DROID land has any ideas let me know. I am thinking of trying to get another referb if I can't solve these problems. One of the reasons I got the phone to begin with is because of the camera. Now I am losing some of my favorite pics. Please help!

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Can you upload an example?

Are you using the default camera app?

I would first confirm that the phone is a refurb. Last I heard they didn't have any refurbs.

Next, I would try a battery pull followed by a factory reset if the battery pull didn't solve it. Don't automatically sync apps when you do the factory reset. Test the camera before adding any apps, and add them back slowly, occasionally testing the camera along the way.

Choose a reference image. Something that doesn't change, is brightly lit, and has some detail. Turn off the flash, set the Scene control (circle with an A in it) to automatic and make sure the zoom control is all the way down (widest view).

OP
D

deepseachris

Reaction score
I am using the default camera that's on the phone. I tried a battery pull and a factory reset on my last DROID 3 but not this one. It didn't seem to have any effect on the pics, they were still the same. They sent me this D3. They told me it was a referb. I don't know how to tell if it is or not. If you know please share. In my previous post, I said it didn't affect the thumbnail. It seems to have moved to there too. Any further guidance is greatly appreciated. Please see attached photo.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1317749113131.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1317749113131.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,167
OP
D

deepseachris

Reaction score
The pic that I attached previously doesn't look the same as when I open it in my gallery. It looks more digitized/pixelated and covers the same area that is grey just for the record.

huskur

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Problem is the SD card. You need a Class 6 or better. It is unable to catch all the data in a fast enough manner. I got a Class 10 and it is FAST and flawless

OP
D

deepseachris

Reaction score
I am trying the SD card option as we speak. I have already taken about 50 pics of the same thing. It is definitely faster. I got the class 10. No issues so far. I will post back periodically to let you know how it turned out. I also would like to thank everyone for the input.:)

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I've had partial images using an sd card--not on the Droid. The card was having issues retaining data so I reformatted it. Works fine now. The speed of the card shouldn't be an issue, but that of course doesn't mean its not.

snstr1

Reaction score
Ive had some weird issues to mine is I keep losing music off the sd-ext card. They end up as unrecognized files in the LOST-DIR

Liquid_Cow

Reaction score
Hey guys, want to bump this thread and see if there are any new developments on this. I too am having problems with my SD card and corrupted photos but its on my Droid X. When it happens if I put the SD card into my PC and run a check disk scan on it I get a "Windows has made corrections to the file system" message. Once repaired things work great again until some random point when it happens again. I can even leave the corrupted photo files on the card, the root of the problem is the file system corruption. If I take the extra step of formatting the SD card it seems to stay stable longer before the file system crashes. The problem seems to make other problems worse, most notably my battery life takes a dive when the problem occurs, and a format will literally double my battery life on standby.

As for upping the class of the SD card, it was my understanding that my phone (the X) is tapped out an a C-4, which is what i have, so I don't think a higher speed card will do the trick for me.

Its my belief there is something wrong with the software since Gingerbread (never had this problem prior), and I've run into a number of other people who have the same problem on a number of different Droid platforms.