Corporate synch contacts Triplicates

vovers1

Reaction score
I am trying to get control of my RAZR contact list.

I gave up on trying to synch google and Exchange too many duplicated fields.

I have shrunk down to only Exchange (corporate) .
Problem is when I edit contact on RAZR there are 3 versions of each contact on the edit screen.

I am guessing that somehow I have set same account up several times but cannot see it in the phone.

Is it me or the email/contact app??

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums

wparkerw

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Everything you described is the same for me. Double and triple job titles, emails, address, etc and no way to remove.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
I have pretty much the same issue but I have 1-6 backup assistant+ entries for my contacts. I haven't noticed an easy way to delete the duplicate, triplicate, etc. but since I only see it once the contact is open I haven't really tried to fix it. I would like to correct at some point so if someone knows how to fix it I'd also like to know.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
OK I figured out how the get rid of the extra entries. What seems to have happened is the device has automatically joined contacts, if you separate them you can then delete the duplicates, triplicates, etc. If you have a lot of contacts that could be alot of work, I had over 100 that had this issue. It would probably be easier to just wipe your contacts then sync them all back.

As for what causes this, I think in most cases it the sync apps, at least if you the same number of entries for each contact. Doesn't seem as likely in cases like mine that some contacts were fine & the ones that weren't didn't all have the same number of extras (most were just doubled) and I hadn't been syncing with outlook for awhile. I've done some phone swapping so I'm thinking that it happened when restoring contacts. I just got another phone yesterday & after first fixing all my contacts they all restored properly on the new device, but I couldn't get my sync software to connect so I could get all my contact photos back.