Corporate Sync

manual

Reaction score
I have a work email account with Outlook 07' I have it set up. Turned on data push put phone in performance mode had sync set for unlimited.

Even trying all this it still takes over 20 min to deliver my email automatically without having to wake up my phone, go into messaging and check it myself.

This is just webmail but still, shouldn't it be better?

Am I just SOL or is there something I can do?

My phone is complete stock Moto droid 2 global with verizon

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

tothenet

Reaction score
I have a work email account with Outlook 07' I have it set up. Turned on data push put phone in performance mode had sync set for unlimited.

Even trying all this it still takes over 20 min to deliver my email automatically without having to wake up my phone, go into messaging and check it myself.

This is just webmail but still, shouldn't it be better?

Am I just SOL or is there something I can do?

My phone is complete stock Moto droid 2 global with verizon

Did you enable push? If not, the delay depends on your sync interval. If you set 1hour, maximum delay to get your email is 1 hour.

I use touchdown for my work email. I usually receive work email earlier than my desktop outlook. Probably, you can try touchdown. price is a bit steep. but there's heavy discount in Amazon App market time to time.

atv98ah

Reaction score
I've learned that this is an ongoing problem with Motorola Droids. I never could get the "push" feature to work right with my Outlook email. I bit the bullet and bought the Touchdown program, and so far it has been a great program. Push email seems to work great, like it's supposed to. Supposedly, the Gingerbread update is supposed to fix the push email feature, whenever it finally comes out for the Druid 2 Global. Still waiting.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
There's a new rumour, now about 27.07 being the date 2.3 gets rolled out.

Someone on the Motorola owners forum called VZW and somehow got that response, quoting:

Just got off the phone with VZW and asked for info on this update. Told them about the frustration of being told update available a month ago only to be pulled with no word on update from either VZW or Moto. She checked her records and said the Gingerbread build is slated for release around 7-27 for D2G.

Last edited:
OP
M

manual

Reaction score
For touchdown, if you reply to an email, does it show your name the same way it would on your desktop outlook?

Also, do you put in the same information as you would for corp sync when setting it up? I have tried touchdown, the trial, and couldn,t get it to connect, as I remember it does ask more questions than corp sync.

Thanks for the replies

atv98ah

Reaction score
Yes it does show the same for me anyway. I used pretty much the same settings I used for the stock email, and it seems to work fine.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
M

manual

Reaction score
Ok I got touchdown demo set up. I'll let you know how it goes today at work.

OP
M

manual

Reaction score
Well, push doesn't work. Like corp sync, I have to manually refresh.

The fetch schedule works fine though

I left my phone alone for over 10 min, I sent myself an ebmail and I would get the notification on my phone within a min when setting it to poll every 1 min- I tested this 3 times and was consistent.

This was not the case with push

ba-b4

Reaction score
Best way to get the phone synced is to just put a new ROM on it. You can throw whatever client on there touchdown, improved email.. whatever they all will eventually fail. Motorola hasn't figured out the fix for push email yet and they're hoping the complainers go away so you guys should just root and ROM it.

OP
M

manual

Reaction score
How long have you used it now? I saw reviews from people saying it didn't work anymore after they bought their key; I'm not sure if they were specifically referring to push or syncing new mail in general.

I don't mind a one time payment if the 1 min poll schedule is reliable. As long as that always works I don't really care about push. I would just stick to corp sync if setting the poll frequency to 1 min was an option