Corporate Sync

kac1

Reaction score
I need some help setting up the Droid 2 on our exchange(2003) server. When I check the require secure channel (ssl) option in IIS for our webmail I am unable to sync my email. If I leave the option for ssl unchecked, I am able to sync email without a problem. We are using a GoDaddy ssl certificate. Is there something I am missing?

demandred

Reaction score
I tried the Liberty ROM last night and I love it! Everything about it, including the built in tools makes this a great ROM.

That being said...the only thing that kept me from keeping this on my phone is the fact that the corporate sync application built in will not connect to my works Exchange 2010. I need to be able to get my work emails on my phone and I really don't want to pay for an app like touchdown.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is there any plans on working on getting support for Exchange 2010?

Thanks alot guys/gals and great work on this ROM!

demandred

Reaction score
Ok everyone...I guess not to many people have this consern.

I did try manually installing the apk for blur email but it did not work. It would run through the install process and then gives me a message that the app was not installed.

I was going to try this through the terminal but the command
Code:
install BlurEmail.apk
does not work. I get a message with all the switches allowed but the command and I am not sure what I need to add.

If anyone can assist me with this I would appreciate it. I would love to use Liberty, but I need corporate sync to work.

Thanks!
David

dstortz

Reaction score
I have my corp sync working on my D2 with liberty and we are using 2010 also. I did have to have the server admin go into Exchange and change some stuff for it to work.

I would talk with your admin and see if he can help you out with it.

I will ask my admin when he get's back today for exactly what changes he had to make.

demandred

Reaction score
I have my corp sync working on my D2 with liberty and we are using 2010 also. I did have to have the server admin go into Exchange and change some stuff for it to work.

I would talk with your admin and see if he can help you out with it.

I will ask my admin when he get's back today for exactly what changes he had to make.

Thank you dstortz! I will check with my admin as well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There were some issues with the current exchanges support but most if not all these issues have been resolved and will be included in the next release of Liberty

demandred

Reaction score
There were some issues with the current exchanges support but most if not all these issues have been resolved and will be included in the next release of Liberty

Thats good to know. I guess I can wait for the next release. I am however, very eager to is this ROM! :)

kenoshabrew

Reaction score
OK...so... Motorola bills the D4 as a business ready phone to attract business users and people switching from BB's. Has anyone tried corporate sync? Its AWFUL! First there is no manual option to configure the servers. I did a Google search and found a Motorola support page that states you have to TRICK the phone by putting in a false email address first, then, and ONLY then will manual settings come up. Then you have to go back and change the false email address you put in after putting in your settings. I thought THAT was bad. After using the corporate email app... my God...its so bad its simply ridiculous... There is a terrible, TERRIBLE lag (I can't stress enough how bad it is!). Trying to scroll through corporate email is maddening. A lot of times the delay is so bad instead of scrolling emails will actually unintentionally open. On their support page Motorola states: "We are aware of these problems and will fix it in a future software update." If i switched to this phone simply for business purposes, I would return it. However, this was one of their main selling points on the D4. Someone really needs to get their head out of their rear end at Motorola before releasing a phone touted as "business ready" with a known bug that affects one of the main business components of this device. As I only use corporate email sparingly and am thoroughly impressed with the rest of the device, this isn't a deal killer by any means for me, more of an annoyance. But to a heavy corporate email user? My God... what a screw up...

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

tdpolo26

Reaction score
OK...so... Motorola bills the D4 as a business ready phone to attract business users and people switching from BB's. Has anyone tried corporate sync? Its AWFUL! First there is no manual option to configure the servers. I did a Google search and found a Motorola support page that states you have to TRICK the phone by putting in a false email address first, then, and ONLY then will manual settings come up. Then you have to go back and change the false email address you put in after putting in your settings. I thought THAT was bad. After using the corporate email app... my God...its so bad its simply ridiculous... There is a terrible, TERRIBLE lag (I can't stress enough how bad it is!). Trying to scroll through corporate email is maddening. A lot of times the delay is so bad instead of scrolling emails will actually unintentionally open. On their support page Motorola states: "We are aware of these problems and will fix it in a future software update." If i switched to this phone simply for business purposes, I would return it. However, this was one of their main selling points on the D4. Someone really needs to get their head out of their rear end at Motorola before releasing a phone touted as "business ready" with a known bug that affects one of the main business components of this device. As I only use corporate email sparingly and am thoroughly impressed with the rest of the device, this isn't a deal killer by any means for me, more of an annoyance. But to a heavy corporate email user? My God... what a screw up...

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

it is an oversight but you only have to do it one time... to me not the end of the world even for a full fledged road warrior businessman. once its setup your done. people like to make a big deal about a problem that has a one time fix

kenoshabrew

Reaction score
it is an oversight but you only have to do it one time... to me not the end of the world even for a full fledged road warrior businessman. once its setup your done. people like to make a big deal about a problem that has a one time fix

I respectfully disagree sir. It may be a one time fix to get it going, but first off, there shouldn't be a work around for a phone touted as business ready to do something as simple at connect to a corporate account. The fact you have to research how to do it is inexcusable.

I also disagree on the fact it is a one time fix. It appears to be buggy, unless it's only my Droid 4 - anything is possible. It looks like you have the exact two phones I have. Droid 2 Global and Droid 4. I had this same account linked to my Droid 2 Global and it worked very fluidly and was quick. I'm not sure if you read my whole post. Scrolling through eMail is choppy and laggy. So full of lag that sometimes eMails open unintentionally. Maybe this is due to my specific set up, but I wouldn't think so. I don't "like" to complain as you state. I'm simply pointing out this is pretty sloppy for them to release a phone billed for business use, with a core feature of the business aspect of the phone full of bugs. If you don't complain, things never get fixed. If I'm complaining about it, there are others out there as well that feel this should be fixed asap. Perhaps even someone from Motorola will see this thread and work on the problem with a renewed vigor.

ej0rge

Reaction score

It's not the end of the world. it's just a design oversight that betrays a complete failure to communicate to the programmers what the users need. Which indicates a specific kind of failure in management. Which suggests that perhaps all of the motorola extensions to the android operating system and user environment have been poorly thought out and/or poorly executed.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Motorola phones have had issues with corporate sync since inception of the Droid line....this is nothing new. At least you have it fully working, unlike my D2G which at the time of release had pretty much no support, although touted as a business ready phone itself.

ej0rge

Reaction score
We can only hope that a takeover by Google will result in a less stupid and less dickish motorola mobility.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree sir. It may be a one time fix to get it going, but first off, there shouldn't be a work around for a phone touted as business ready to do something as simple at connect to a corporate account. The fact you have to research how to do it is inexcusable.

I also disagree on the fact it is a one time fix. It appears to be buggy, unless it's only my Droid 4 - anything is possible. It looks like you have the exact two phones I have. Droid 2 Global and Droid 4. I had this same account linked to my Droid 2 Global and it worked very fluidly and was quick. I'm not sure if you read my whole post. Scrolling through eMail is choppy and laggy. So full of lag that sometimes eMails open unintentionally. Maybe this is due to my specific set up, but I wouldn't think so. I don't "like" to complain as you state. I'm simply pointing out this is pretty sloppy for them to release a phone billed for business use, with a core feature of the business aspect of the phone full of bugs. If you don't complain, things never get fixed. If I'm complaining about it, there are others out there as well that feel this should be fixed asap. Perhaps even someone from Motorola will see this thread and work on the problem with a renewed vigor.

there honetly may be a problem with your d4 or the server that your connected to.....i have no issues at alll once its setup..... well besides attachments not downloading instantly but personally i think that might be my companies server. I do agree there should not be a work around that is def ridiculous, however i would not return over a one time work around for me. i agree you need to complain but make sure to direct it to motorola. they dont read it here. i wonder why yours is so choppy its so smooth on mine people at work are jealous. they have a entire section on this problem at the motorola owners forum check it out. good luck hope it sorts out.
oh personally i wish i could bypass auto setup completely but it seems dating back to d1 i couldnt you had to start off typing in a email address then it would let you go to auto

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Well, I know its not ideal, but I purchased touchdown and love it soo much. It works great, I can schedule push or poll anytime of any day, and I really like the calendar widgets. I had issues gettinv copr sync to work when I first got my d2. As it turns out, there was an issue because Im a domain admin and I had to turn off some permission inheriting, but by the time I figured it out, I was rom and didnt have corp sync, so I just stuck with touchdown.