Corporate Sync is connected to sever but still error

anthony1238

Reaction score
Corporate Sync is connected to sever but still has an error when I try to refresh. When I press the sync button it thinks for a bit then says account error. If i go under Server setting and Verify the server it says Success.

Where should I start?

jbadams007

Reaction score
Corporate Sync is connected to sever but still has an error when I try to refresh. When I press the sync button it thinks for a bit then says account error. If i go under Server setting and Verify the server it says Success.

Where should I start?

BUMP - Anyone? I am having same exact issue....server SUCCESS yet when I hit refresh I get 'account error'. My company recently switched over to Exchange Server 2007 and it then cut out, came back for a few days, now it has been gone for over a week. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

jbf

Reaction score
Corporate Sync - connects to server but account error

I'm having this same issue. Setup an acct for a user and it connected to server fine an seemed to setup account, but when refresh on the email acct get the orange triangle account connection error. As Verizon tech support suggested, tried setting up my account on that phone and it worked just fine! Also tried setting up my account on that users phone and it works fine. Support says its our Exchange 2007 account for that user, but that account has existed for years and they just migrated from a Blackberry Bold 9650 that received emails. I checked the account in AD to make sure wasn't locked, verified in Exchange that the Mobile device is showing - it is showing as the Droid access but not showas sync'd. Running out of options to try.... any suggestions??

SallyC

Reaction score
I don't know if any of the info presented will work for you, but there is a sticky here on Setting up & troubleshooting email accounts. At the bottom of the page are more links to specific help topics. If you've done all that, and you know you have a good connection, you may want to talk to your IT department and verify they haven't set some type of security requirements.

jbf

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am the IT here and this was the 8th Droid I have setup here - we have about 25 users on Blackberries and these 8 were migrated over to Droid razr's. The previous 7 were setup the same way and all connect to the same Exchange 2007 server, all user accounts are about the same (i've compared with other droid users). Plus exchange was already set to allow mobile access and what's weird is this user's account shows they have Droid access but it doesn't show the sync. I even went into our
Verizon business account and this account shows connection to the Droid. I was hopeful when I saw your link suggestion about Outlook setting and have checked that this user didn't have their mailbox setup to cache. Checked most of the other threads and search tags below and not finding anything yet. So... I'm still desperate and looking!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Have you guys thought about using Touchdown for your exchange email? I know it is $20 but it is a great program and works flawlessly with both of my work accounts, I get them to my phone right before I get them on Outlook on my PC.

jbf

Reaction score
Nope - gotta go Exchange - business account!

jbf

Reaction score
Sorry - double post mistake.
I'll check out the Touchdown - just don't understand how I can have 7 other users (including me) that aren't having problems.

should add that it does connect to the server successfully, and that i have added that users account to my phone and get the same error. It really looks like it is something weird with the users account - just can't figure out what!
Thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You do have a good point there, always frustrating when stuff works for a handful of people but then one does not. I use Touchdown merely from the fact of seeing all the complaints of the stock Exchange setup on the Android OS.

Course spending 20 bucks on a test is not best case scenario so maybe someone else will have a better suggestion for you.

SallyC

Reaction score
should add that it does connect to the server successfully, and that i have added that users account to my phone and get the same error. It really looks like it is something weird with the users account - just can't figure out what!
Thanks!

Well that is interesting. Rules out a FDR as a possible solution. I wonder if there's something in their mail box or on the server that's causing the problem. Possibly back up then delete files to see if that fixes it.

Another thing I would try is changing their password and/or username. I have had it before where an authentication service has some strange bug that's causing problems.

jbf

Reaction score
I was hoping that re-creating the users mailbox was my last resort. I have already changed the password and have used their alias UID's for the account - but didn't work. Other Droid users have alias accounts so I ruled that out as a problem. Even disabled & reenabled the Exchange Active Sync on the mailbox. Exchange still justs identifies the Droid but doesn't synch. I'm afraid you may be correct in that something strange in her account.

SallyC

Reaction score
Sounds like you've done about everything.

I hate it when 'it should just work' - and it doesn't! :icon_ devil:

korrupt3dazn

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Saw this thread figured i'd register and share my solution with you....
So I like you guys I tryed to sync my corporate e-mail with my Razr and Razr Maxx and then I got this error
"Sync Error - Unknow Error ( [email protected] )" After hours trouble shooting with Verizon and Motorola Teir 1/2/3/Engineering. I stumbled onto solution. I went to a verizon store and tried activating my account of different moto devices with same results until I tried it on Samsung Galaxy 3. It told me that I max out allowed devices......so that got me thinking and I then checked my exchange account for partnered mobile devices and then this pop-up appeared...

View attachment 52835

I then proceed to remove the devices that were link to my account. Following these steps. After clearing out the first 2 I tried activating My Razr and it worked. I then tried it on my Maxx and it worked as well. Pretty much as soon as I hit done e-mails were pouring in. Hope this helps somebody

Manage a Mobile Device: Exchange 2010 Help

Use the EMC to manage a mobile phone

You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this procedure. To see what permissions you need, see the "Exchange ActiveSync user settings" entry in the Client Access Permissions topic.
1. In the console tree, navigate to Recipient Configuration > Mailbox.

2. Select a mailbox and then, in the action pane, click Manage Mobile Device to open the Manage Mobile Device wizard.
This wizard helps you view mobile phones associated with a user's mailbox and remove a mobile phone from a user's mailbox. To remove a mobile phone from a user's mailbox, select the mobile phone, and then click Remove Device.

3. On the Completion page, confirm whether the mobile phone has been removed from the user's mailbox.
A status of Completed indicates that the wizard completed the task successfully.

A status of Failed indicates that the task wasn't completed. If the task fails, review the summary for an explanation, and then click Back to make any configuration changes.

4. Click Finish to complete the Manage Mobile Device wizard.

ps. I am on Exchange 2010 SP1 and I preform the steps above on the Exchange server itself. There is a way to do it from OWA as well.

Last edited: