Corporate Sync & Contacts

slider1331

Reaction score
Sorry if I post this twice. I posted once and it didn't go anywhere I could find, the one line I found with this title was broken so I don't know if it posted...

Anyway...my contacts are seriously screwed up. Who shows up and disappears is a guessing game every time I look at my phone. I have removed and added my account a dozen times, taken off the battery in between and even restored to factory settings, losing everything in the phone and starting over. I have spent many hours with Verizon, Motorola, and my IT department. I even put my account on my husband's Droid X to see if it was a phone issue but the same things happened there. I have my outlook broken down in to groups. The groups have their own folders. The folders are on my phone and usually empty or with a few contacts and never the one I am looking for. Even if I create a new folder and delete an old one, the old one won't leave my phone. I even removed the coporate sync and readded it and the deleted folders still came back! My IT department thinks the problem lies with the outlook folders but he tried it on his own and it worked for him. Everything in Outlook and on the online email server looked fine but it never gets it right on my phone. It has been a week of this and I am at a loss for options! Anyone have any ideas?

probablecause

Reaction score
Did you ever figure it out? Mine does the exact same thing.

Sorry if I post this twice. I posted once and it didn't go anywhere I could find, the one line I found with this title was broken so I don't know if it posted...

Anyway...my contacts are seriously screwed up. Who shows up and disappears is a guessing game every time I look at my phone. I have removed and added my account a dozen times, taken off the battery in between and even restored to factory settings, losing everything in the phone and starting over. I have spent many hours with Verizon, Motorola, and my IT department. I even put my account on my husband's Droid X to see if it was a phone issue but the same things happened there. I have my outlook broken down in to groups. The groups have their own folders. The folders are on my phone and usually empty or with a few contacts and never the one I am looking for. Even if I create a new folder and delete an old one, the old one won't leave my phone. I even removed the coporate sync and readded it and the deleted folders still came back! My IT department thinks the problem lies with the outlook folders but he tried it on his own and it worked for him. Everything in Outlook and on the online email server looked fine but it never gets it right on my phone. It has been a week of this and I am at a loss for options! Anyone have any ideas?

OP
S

slider1331

Reaction score
Nope..

I wish I did. My contacts still come and go. I was a little disappointed there was no response on droid forum. I have talked with my IT dept, verizon and motorola help and no one seems to know. I have reloaded my email and my phone more times than I can count. If you ever find a solution, let me know. I kind of wonder if it is related to my corporate email server and their extremely restrictive security that is causing the issue or I was told it could be that I use Outlook with folders instead of distribution groups. I don't know but it is extremely frustrating! Let me know if you find out anything useful!

probablecause

Reaction score
I wish I did. My contacts still come and go. I was a little disappointed there was no response on droid forum. I have talked with my IT dept, verizon and motorola help and no one seems to know. I have reloaded my email and my phone more times than I can count. If you ever find a solution, let me know. I kind of wonder if it is related to my corporate email server and their extremely restrictive security that is causing the issue or I was told it could be that I use Outlook with folders instead of distribution groups. I don't know but it is extremely frustrating! Let me know if you find out anything useful!
I just surrendered and exported all of my contacts and then uploaded them to gmail contacts. My I.T. was clueless and after deleting and reinstalling my account several times, I gave up.

Natey2

Reaction score
When I had a Windows Mobile 6 phone, syncing with MS Exchange was a breeze; syncing with Google was very iffy.
Now that I have an Android phone, syncing with Google is a breeze. I don't have access to a MS Exchange server anymore, so can't compare.
Vendors will always point fingers at each other.
Go with the flow.. just my $0.02

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.