Corporate Sync and Email issue

mersh21

Reaction score
Ok, first and foremost....I love this phone. This is my third Android phone and it's by far my favorite although I do miss some features from my Droid. Anyways, I can't seem to send emails with my work email that I set up. Everytime I try to reply to an email from my work email it sends back an error message stating "Authentication error sending." I set this account up manually by just adding an email account cause I could not seem to get this account to set up through Corporate Sync.

I can receive email fine but everytime I try to send one from my work account I keep getting the same error that I stated above. It is a POP account and all my manual settings are correct according to my actual settings on my desktop at work.

Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Ok, first and foremost....I love this phone. This is my third Android phone and it's by far my favorite although I do miss some features from my Droid. Anyways, I can't seem to send emails with my work email that I set up. Everytime I try to reply to an email from my work email it sends back an error message stating "Authentication error sending." I set this account up manually by just adding an email account cause I could not seem to get this account to set up through Corporate Sync.

I can receive email fine but everytime I try to send one from my work account I keep getting the same error that I stated above. It is a POP account and all my manual settings are correct according to my actual settings on my desktop at work.

Can anyone help?

Shouldn't this be in the Tech Forum?

In any regard, I believe that the Corporate Sync is only for those with Exchange Servers at work. If you want to setup your work mailbox and it is definately a POP mailbox, then you would just need to set it up using the "Email" option under the Account Setup screen on your Droid.

OP
M

mersh21

Reaction score
SOrry for not putting this in the correct forum. THanks for your reply but I know how to sent it up, my issue is that I cannot send any emails from this one account and I don't know why.

Reaction score
SOrry for not putting this in the correct forum. THanks for your reply but I know how to sent it up, my issue is that I cannot send any emails from this one account and I don't know why.

The confusing part is how you can set up a POP mailbox through Corporate Sync... that feature is Exchange-only (to my knowledge).

If you do have Exchange, what version of exchange server are you running, and do you have SSL or no SSL?

madmusic

Reaction score
I have not been able to send email using any POP server (I am using Earthlink) and have read of numerous other users with the same problem. I am having all my email forwarded to gmail, which is the only way that I can reply. I had no problem receiving email through the POP server initially; once I erased that account and tried to configure it again, I could no longer receive mail either. I hope that a fix for this is in the works.