1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Corporate policy and remote data wipe

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by roadtohana, Nov 16, 2009.

1. roadtohana

roadtohana New Member

My corporate policy requires smartphones to allow/support the ability for the Exchange server to send a remote command to destroy all data on the phone in the event it is lost or stolen. I don't see that the Droid supports this and I really don't want to return my phone to Verizon but may have to. Help!!:mad:
  2. Vancelot

Vancelot New Member

You are correct. The Droid does not support corporate mobile policies.
    Luckily, I work in this department and was able to exclude my phone from the policies.:)
  3. mitchell486

mitchell486 New Member

I actually just got laid off and my company did it to my phone. LUCKILY I have all of my applications+data backed up because I rooted my phone but still. NO warning. No ANYTHING and they just wiped it back to factory default. Just a heads up. It's VERY possible.

It was my personal phone, only connection I had to the company on my phone was "Corporate Sync" for my email account and they were able to wipe it. I remember hearing it happen when I was in the office being notified that I was "No longer employed at this company"... Hope this helps folks.
Search tags for this page
android block corporate phone wipe
android support for remote wipe of corporate data

cell phone remote wipe policy

cellphone wipe policy
corporate policy on remote wipe

data wiping policies

destroy remote data
how to wipe corporate data off phone exchange
policy for office to remote wipe a phone
policy for remote wiping cell phone
remote email company cell phone policy