Corporate Email Issues

John415_1

Reaction score
I have searched all over the Internet for help with syncing Droid phones with an Exchange environment. This forum has been the most helpful in my search so I turn to you guys for help. Most of my questions have been answered but I have some questions that I see to be the only one with.

I am the Exchange Administrator for a bank and we have very strict security guidelines for phones. The main things that I need any Phone to do are to allow remote wipe, force a PIN, and Not allow local storage. With Froyo 2.2 most of this works perfectly with the native app. But there is one security flaw that no one talks about. Being that I work for a bank we have users that send customer information, account numbers, SSNs, addresses, etc via email. This being said, I need a way to block the download of email attachments, or prevent them from being stored on a non-wipable SD card. From my testing you can download an attachment from an email, wipe the phone, reactivate it and read the attachment. So if users download attachments with sensitive information what stops a thief from viewing said info. The iPhone is perfect for this, you can view but not download attachments and if you wipe the phone, it is completely formatted.

My simple question is, is there a way to prevent SD storage use via Exchange, or remotely wipe the SD card. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
you might look at Touchdown to see if it offers some settings you can use/enforce, but I have a feeling the Droid will not meet your requirements.

OP
J

John415_1

Reaction score
I wish that the Touchdown app would work for us. But management wants to only support the native app and not have to rely on 3rd party software on a phone.

There has to be some way to not allow an SD card. The option is in Exchange and works for Windows Mobile. You would think by now that the Droid OS would support all of the features. Especially since they advertise "Advanced Enterprise Support"