corporate calendar always running

jkayner

Reaction score
i use it also, it just doesn't make sense why almost EVERY application starts up when the phone is rebooted...

bmccall17

Reaction score
Corporate Calendar specifically..

I did find this:
Home>Menu>Settings>Applications>Running Services>Corporate Calendar is one of the running services that I stopped. But grrrrr.. the Corp Calendar started up on a reboot!!

This did not kill the Corp Calendar from showing up in my running applications in ATK nor ATM but it did seem to slow it down.

I also looked at the Startup Auditor, but was not comfortable with the mixed reviews on an app that must be purchased.

The Market reviews need to be dated and UPDATED when the new version of the product is released. If nothing new has been done to the app, then fine, leave the comments... but when we are talking about a new release it is important

kdn102

Reaction score
...I will hold off on installing anything else for a few days to see if the pattern repeats.

I have an update.

The other day after the factory reset, and subsequent application installations, the task manager showed around 95MB of memory free. It was in the mid 90's...I can't recall the exact number.

Yesterday I noticed I was down to about 84MB free after killing any running apps (minus the alarm clock). Today it's now down to 74MB free.

So far I haven't noticed any responsiveness issues, but that is par for the course. The first time I ever ran the task manager, which was because my phone was dog slow, it reported 48MB of free memory. So I suspect it will take another day or two to reach that point.

The only apps I have installed since the reset are: CalWidget, MyBackup, Vexed & Advanced Task Killer. It's possible that CalWidget has a memory leak since that was also installed before I starting having memory issues. When I start having response issues I will perform another factory reset and only install MyBackup & Advanced Task Killer.

kdn102

Reaction score
2.01 fixes this, I think

Well, today I was just curious what my memory levels were so I fired up the task manager and saw 68MB free. Oddly enough a few hours later it jumped back up to 91MB free. So, I am convinced that at least part of it was due to a 3rd party application that was eating memory.

I just had the OTA update pushed to me, so I installed it. When it first booted I had about 15 apps listed in the task manager....but it showed 101MB free. So I killed them all and there was no change in the memory allocated. My guess is this is the result of the "Battery life is improved." fix in the 2.01 release. It's hard to say what they did to improve this. It could have been that the OS was not properly freeing resources when an application was killed or they could have somehow improved how non-running processes use memory. I'm guessing it's the latter. That's the only way to explain how I had 15 applications showing up in the task manager after a reboot and not taking up any memory while still being responsive.

So unless my phone starts getting slow again I am going to consider it fixed.

sullfam

Reaction score
Well, today I was just curious what my memory levels were so I fired up the task manager and saw 68MB free. Oddly enough a few hours later it jumped back up to 91MB free. So, I am convinced that at least part of it was due to a 3rd party application that was eating memory.

I just had the OTA update pushed to me, so I installed it. When it first booted I had about 15 apps listed in the task manager....but it showed 101MB free. So I killed them all and there was no change in the memory allocated. My guess is this is the result of the "Battery life is improved." fix in the 2.01 release. It's hard to say what they did to improve this. It could have been that the OS was not properly freeing resources when an application was killed or they could have somehow improved how non-running processes use memory. I'm guessing it's the latter. That's the only way to explain how I had 15 applications showing up in the task manager after a reboot and not taking up any memory while still being responsive.

So unless my phone starts getting slow again I am going to consider it fixed.
You keep mentioning, "Task Manager" in your post in December. What Task manager did you finally land with?

Marty

kdn102

Reaction score
Well, today I was just curious what my memory levels were so I fired up the task manager....
You keep mentioning, "Task Manager" in your post in December. What Task manager did you finally land with?

Marty

Advanced Task Killer Free

I have had several issues with responsiveness since I last posted, however they have become fewer and further between. Each time I noticed sluggishness I would run the task killer and it would take 5-10 seconds to display its list. Once I killed all unused items the device became instantly faster. When I randomly run the task killer it usually displays its list before I even have time to think it's slow, less than a second and most times a full page is listed. I have minimal background processing: push email for a gmail account, facebook(30 minute updates), a calendar widget (1 hour updates) & a weather widget (30 minute updates).

GeraldMaynard

Reaction score
I learned so much From the conversation above. I also experienced low memory speed in my computer, just why I decided to change my RAM. Now, my computer is good as well as the speed.I will try also the steps above, when my memory levels get slow again.Thanks!

--
"A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life."
GeraldMaynard saucony shoes

shaceyMcbride14

Reaction score
every time I open advanced task killer i notice the corporate calendar is running.. I've never used it. anyone else notice this. I'm not sure how big of a deal it is, but its weird none the less..

It's true I've noticed it too. Though I used it sometimes.:happy2: