Corp Mail Lock Screen

HackerCity

Reaction score
I have to enter a numeric code everytime I use my phone since I starting using the corp mail. Does anybody know how to remove this? It is the most annoying thing in the world.

Thanks in advance!!

MikalD

Reaction score
This is a function of the D2 when you use Corp or MS mail. Extremely annoying but can not be removed. I found "No Lock" on AppBrain which is ok but have to continue to reset each time you use the phone.

Hopefully Moto will send an update to eliminate. Would be appropriate to include apps like City ID as well.

tobytl

Reaction score
It's being required by the exchange account you're connecting to. Technically, android has to abide by the security requests of the server to deliver your email. It's not all exchange accounts, as I'm connected to one on my DX, and I still slide to unlock.

OP
H

HackerCity

Reaction score
Why do I not need to enter this on my droid 1?

sirus

Reaction score
You must not have gotten the update for it. A specific update was pushed for exchange security (funny how quick that was done after they ran that commercial labling the droid as an enterprise solution) It should be the ONLY solution imo ;)

Anyway, an update was pushed that applies exchange security support to the device, which was previously unsupported by Android... hence no annoying steps to take. The update catches android up with it's competition by allowing exchange admins to now wipe your device remotely, apply password policies and the lovely "Force Lock". By default, exchange is set to apply these settings upon install, unless admin's change / disable them. If you're like 90% of the rest of the world, you're on an SBS and don't have that many users on your network, which usually = half assed IT guys who don't know what they're doing and have never actually taken the time to configure exchange security. Bottom line, if you want that to go away, you need to talk to your IT dudes and have them change it. It takes about 30 seconds. I had to do it for like 15 of my clients last week...

xholmezx78

Reaction score
As an Exchange admin, this pin/password is required by your ActiveSync IT Policy. There is no way to remove it, unless you remove the Exchange account from your phone.

However, there is another solution, if your are willing to fork up for the license. If you purchase Touchdown (by Nitro), this will allow you to unlock your phone using your own security, then if you attempt to access your Exchange work email, it will then prompt you for your pin/password. Then if the IT Admin tries to wipe your device remotely, it will only remove or wipe the corporate data from your phone, and not wipe the entire device back to factory.

With the Droid 1, the droid itself does not have all the built in security to connection to most Exchange environments. If it does somehow pass due to the individual companies security requirements, it will not pull PIN, Password requirements, and it loses the remote wipe capabilities that the IT Policy will try and enforce. Most good companies and environements may require such additional applications like Nitro Touchdown.