Corded Headset

wingzofsteel

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
New here to the forum.
Does anyone else use a corded headset with their Droid. If so, which one do you have and how do you like it? I have a blue-tooth Jabra but I can't get more than a couple of hours out of it. So, I want to try a corded headset. Any information would be appreciated.
-----------
PR

MrTommy

Reaction score
After ripping either the headset off my head, or the phone off my dash (I'm a truck driver and my phones are always suction mounted to the windshield) constantly, I finally broke down and went BlueTooth. I use a Blue Parrot B250-XT and it's wonderful. However, it's a large boom-style setup with an over the top of the head mounting system (read that 'old fashioned') so most normal use folks aren't going to like it. Especially if you're one of those who has to keep a headset on 24/7 because you just can't miss a call... :)

I also found that none of my old wired headsets use the same size plug as my Droid.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've heard really good things about the Blue Parrot -- particularly for noisy environments.

MrTommy

Reaction score
I've heard really good things about the Blue Parrot -- particularly for noisy environments.

There's a YouTube vid showing a guy standing in front of his running Peterbuilt (or maybe it was a Kenworth - doesn't matter) and carrying on the conversation and you can't tell. So, I tried this exact test with my truck. I was driving and talking to a friend. I stopped the truck, got out, walked around the front of the truck and to the other side to, uh, take care of some business. Walked back around the front of the running truck, got back in, released the brakes, and took off. I asked my friend if he noticed what I'd done and he said he didn't know anything had gone on.

But, as I mentioned in a previous post, this headset is not for everyone. I leave it sitting on the jump seat until I need it to call or answer a call. And no one ever knows I'm in a truck (non-drivers, that is). They're about $70. I got mine here (if you're interested):

BlueParrott B250xt : Headsets Earsets / Audio [ 4 Reviews ]

OP
W

wingzofsteel

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, MrTommy.
I have a question for you. How long can you talk before you have to recharge? Or maybe a better question would be, under moderate phone use, can it last all day on a charge?
-----------
PR

MrTommy

Reaction score
Under moderate phone use, can it last all day on a charge?
-----------
PR

Absolutely. I charge my headset at home and it lasts for my two day run. It's got over a hundred hours of 'stand-by' power (meaning while it's just sitting there turned on but not being use for calls), and I've never run out of battery power. I carry the ciggy plug charger with me just in case, but I've never had to use it. I talk quite a bit all night, and I use it when I call someone from the hotel on my layover. Then I use it again all night on my way back home.

As long as 'looks' aren't a concern for you, this is the headset - period. My opinion, of course. :icon_ banana:

OP
W

wingzofsteel

Reaction score
MrTommy,
Thank you for the information. I'm sold. I read all about them tonight and between what you said and what I read, I am sold. Thanks again.
-----------
PR

danwanna

Reaction score
I use the Bose In Ear Headset often when I am traveling. I use my Droid for music as well, so it is convenient to have headphones with a mic to seamlessly switch between music and voice.

When I am in the office I use a Plantronics Voyager Bluetooth headset that is paired with my laptop and Droid so I can use calling on both.

OP
W

wingzofsteel

Reaction score
Thaks Danwanna,

How does those Bose inner ears work as far as sound cancelling. How is the sound quality. I have a pair of Skullcandy Inked headset that works decently for just listening to music, but the Bose intrigues me.

danwanna

Reaction score
I really like the sound quality, but they do not block out sound as well as some others I've tried. The thing I really like about them is that they still sound good when they do not have a tight fit. Most of the Shures and others that block out sound, tend to sound bad if the seal breaks.

I haven't had any complaints from people on the other end of the call either.

They are also very comfortable. I have no problem wearing them for hours at a time.

AZMountaineer

Reaction score

I can vouch for that. When I got my Blue Parrott, I tested it with a friend with whom I speak several times a week.

I rolled down the driver and passenger windows in a Honda Civic, and accelerated to the speed limit on the freeway of 75mph.

He said the audio was perfectly clear!

BUT - I cannot make the danged thing work with commands. I have to dial a number on the phone itself. Then once a connection happens, the audio switches to the Blue Parrot.

My old phone accepted voice commands when I pressed the button on the Blue Parrot. It would tell me, "Please say a command."

So far, I have been unable to get the Blue Parrot to do anything other than answer an incoming call or to make an audio connection once an outgoing call starts ringing.

Any ideas?

Tnx...

OP
W

wingzofsteel

Reaction score
Well I have had the Blue Parrot for a few weeks now and I love it. Thanks again Mr.Tommy!:icon_ banana: But I also cannot speak a command like I thought I would be able to. If anyone can figure this out, please let me know.
----------