Cord to Stream Music from Droid X to USB port in my Infinity G37

Isometric

Reaction score
Hello all. Help is needed! I have a 2010 Infinity G37 Sport that has a USB aux port. This would be great if I wanted to use my IPOD but I don't. I want to stream Pandora from my Droid X into this USB Aux port. I have gone to Radio Shack and searched online but can not seem to find a cable to do so. Does anyone know how this could be done? Thanks!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Welcome to the forum. Does your car's radio have a way to download/transfer music to it? If it does, use your usb to load your music to the radio. Also, there may be a usb bluetooth kit.

OP
I

Isometric

Reaction score
I can download music onto my 10GB internal hard drive. That isn't an issue.

What I am trying to do is stream PANDORA RADIO from my Droid X to my Infiniti. The have an AUX port where this can be done. The only problem is that it's a USB AUX port and not a 3.5mm port.

This USB AUX port is made so that you can steam IPODs and external hard drives with digital music on them into the Infiniti.

It would have been a lot smarter of Infiniti to just have the standard 3.5mm AUX port like the Lexus models have. If it did, the 3.5mm AUX port is compatible with any PDA phone, IPOD, or Digital Music device. All that might be necessary is purchasing a 3.5mm adapter cord which would cost about $10. I had to do this when I use to had a Lexus AWD IS250. No big deal.

To me it just seems that they assume every one has an IPOD or IPHONE and it's 100% compatible with those devices. No extra adapter cord is needed to be purchased.

What I need to do if figure out a way to stream my music from my droid 3.5mm headphone jack into the Infinitis USB AUX port. I can not find a cord that makes this transition. I may attempt to purchase a USB adapter that has a female 3.5mm port and just purchase a male to male 3.5mm cord to connect that adapter to my phone. I am assuming it will work, but I'm not sure.

Any other advice you or anyone can give would be greatly appreciated! dancedroid

lemodular

Reaction score
does your G37 have the (composite) AV connection in the console/storage? If so, use a splitter out of the Droid to get L/R channels.

OP
I

Isometric

Reaction score
Yes the A/V connection is in the console storage. What type of splitter do I need to make this possible? I have not been able to find anything. Thanks for the help!

lloydman

Reaction score
Yes the A/V connection is in the console storage. What type of splitter do I need to make this possible? I have not been able to find anything. Thanks for the help!
I have the same question. Any help?

snorydr

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem.. Anyone tried the usb to female 3.5 mm and have it work?