Copy Your Physical Keys With The KeyMe App For Android!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

In coolest ideas for apps of 2015 news the new "KeyMe" app allows you to take a picture of your key to make a physical copy! No longer do you have to find time to run to Lowes or Walmart to have a human copy your keys. It's always a good idea to have a few spare keys around anyhow just in case you lock yourself out of your car, or house. With the app you can take a picture of your key and have it mailed to you. If you aren't keen on sending a photo of your key to a key copier while including the address to your house no worries they have kiosks nationwide where you can pick up your copy. Head to the link below for the app download.

via Play Store

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yeah. Idk about this. Then, a picture of my key that can be used to make a physical copy is sitting on their server somewhere...

Sent from my Nexus 6P
This!!!! At what point to we just completely ignore safety for "tech" convenience.

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Walmart and Home Depot are all over the place - what would be the point if you have to go to a kiosk to pick it up?

Agreed it's a bad idea to have a copy of your key and address floating out in cyberspace.

It's obviously a lot more money, but bluetoooth locks tripped by your smartphone or smartwatch are the future.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I need one of those. I keep forgetting my keys.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You leave your keys on your desk.. Someone takes a pic.. That's all they need isn't it....

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My coworkers don't know where I live. Hell moat don't even know what I drive or my name.

But if you are a home owner, it can be found through public records.

Didn't even think about leaving your keys at a desk. Although I like to think my co-workers are trustworthy...but anyone could do this, almost like with credit cards it becomes information that can be sold. So don't leave your home keys in a hotel room or with the valet (which you already should know not to).

Or how about a girlfriend making a copy of your key without you knowing? How's that for scary (for some of you)?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If someone gets your key it really doesn't matter if you rent.. you still have possessions.
If someone steals my TV, I won't be too upset. I'm a bachelor. I don't have nice things on purpose.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Lol was about to say the same thing. If they want the crap my fiance and I have at the house then take it. I have renters insurance. ;)

Sent from my Note 4