copy sms to computer from old droid

nealo

Reaction score
i have an old moto droid that no longer has an active account, so is basically just a paperweight right now. it has text messages that i would like to copy to a computer if possible. since it is not active, i don't have a way to download any apps that would facilitate this process, so i am looking for an alternative. i can easily access and copy photos/videos, but i can't figure out where the sms are housed. am i simply missing them? or are they inaccessible without an app?
i appreciate any guidance provided.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. I am sorry to say I do not know if you can do it without the use of an app, I am thinking you can not though. Someone else will have to chime in with a more definitive answer.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!

I am not sure on an answer either - I know there are "SMS backup" apps but I am not sure where you would find them...I hope you find a solution tho!

Macdiver

Reaction score
I read somewhere that a youtube video or other format of some file copied off a sim card and not supported hosed up a users android so bad they at first got two new phones until they figured it out. Be careful is all.

:icon_eek: