Copy and paste

Nbot

Reaction score
Alright, this is nuts.

What I've figured out on the DROID X for Copy & Paste:

1. You can PRESS & HOLD in the text field in an OPEN EMAIL to have the "Select Text (then again to) Copy/Paste" menu screen pop-up. (you have to select the text then go back and PRESS & HOLD again to select COPY).
2. However, you cannot then scroll down to the previous emails in a conversation to select/copy!
3. Yes, in a website you can press the MORE+ button to access the SELECT TEXT which when you select text automatically copies the text to clipboard.
4. You can install a 3rd party "clipboard" like CLIPSTORE (or the other one mentioned here), but this ONLY shows you what you had previously copied. It does NOT enable you to copy text from emails (using the default email client using Exchange Server thru ActiveSync)

Any suggestions on how I can select/copy text from emails that I'm not actually typing (like in #1 above...which isn't very useful).

jdickson7

Reaction score
How do you copy and paste text on the Droid X?

dancedroid

The Droid X does have issues with long press not available in emails and some other features. If long press doesn't work check out Clipper or for email check out k-9 mail (GREAT APP)

DROID X

erikfig

Reaction score
Download the new app from the market is call copy and paste it, its pretty cool.

Nbot

Reaction score
Thanks for replies but Neither CLIPSTORE nor COPIPE - COPY AND PASTE TOOL work to actually copy text from the default email client. All that they appear to do is function as a clipboard to handle the copied text, they don't allow you to actually copy text from a website or email. Sheesh, my BB Storm could C&P, I used to laugh all day long at iPhonie's that couldn't C&P, now I feel embarrassed....

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for replies but Neither CLIPSTORE nor COPIPE - COPY AND PASTE TOOL work to actually copy text from the default email client. All that they appear to do is function as a clipboard to handle the copied text, they don't allow you to actually copy text from a website or email. Sheesh, my BB Storm could C&P, I used to laugh all day long at iPhonie's that couldn't C&P, now I feel embarrassed....

It has been pointed out that K-9 email program does copy and paste very easily. Have you tried it?

Nbot

Reaction score
COPY PASTE IT only works on rooted phones, alas I'm not that savvy, nor have enough free time to have fun and tinker around with this from my job right now, was hoping to have something that worked with the commercial version:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...e-app-cures-your-android-copy-paste-woes.html

Checked out K-9 Email, but it does not work with Active Sync, which I need since I am on exchange server, not POP3/IMAP.

erikfig

Reaction score
You don't need to be a genius to root your phone! Download easyRoot from the market, it root your phone with the touch of a button. What's so genius about that??

DO IT!!!!!!!

Nbot

Reaction score
I didn't say I wasn't (or am) a genius...I said I don't have "time"...different thing altogether. Froyo better bring the C&P...

cleassan

Reaction score
You don't need to be a genius to root your phone! Download easyRoot from the market, it root your phone with the touch of a button. What's so genius about that??

DO IT!!!!!!!
Doesn't work for those of us with Macs...