Copy and paste

glenh

Reaction score
How do you copy and paste text on the Droid X?

dancedroid

Toonz

Reaction score
How do you copy and paste text on the Droid X?

dancedroid

BUMP

I'm having the same issue! and I'm unable to directly click on a link if it's sent thru an email!!!

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you cant. rumor is it MIGHT be an option in the update coming our way

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Lolwut, what a fail. There's no select text option or select all option? That goes against the whole "smartphones can/are mini-computers" idea

Toonz

Reaction score
forget copy and paste what about the ability to CLICK on a link via email!

superglen99

Reaction score
Does it not work if say you are inthe browser and hit menu<more< is there no select text option??

koralyne

Reaction score
ARe you guys completly serious? It comes without select/copy/paste functions, AND it is unable to use links from email?

HUGE FAIL! the origional droid had these!

(weather or not they came in an update matters not, the droidx is supposed to be an upgrade and does everything the origional droid did AND MORE!)

Nebben

Reaction score
Go to app store look up clipboard manager {Clipper} it's free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nebben

Reaction score
By the way to copy text on in browser goto >menu>more>select text> then drag your finger across the text. Then back out goto {Clipper} app and select text and bingo! Kinda drawn out but it is what it is...

superglen99

Reaction score
By the way to copy text on in browser goto >menu>more>select text> then drag your finger across the text. Then back out goto {Clipper} app and select text and bingo! Kinda drawn out but it is what it is...

You dont need to use clipper. After you've copied the text: in any text field you can long press and choose paste. Easy money. I do it everyday

Toonz

Reaction score

I need to copy information from an email not the web... so menu doesnt work

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

What email program are you using? It works with K-9 and with the native Gmail app. If you're using the native pop3/imap email app, switch to k-9 (a million times better). :)

Toonz

Reaction score

What email program are you using? It works with K-9 and with the native Gmail app. If you're using the native pop3/imap email app, switch to k-9 (a million times better). :)

what's K-9?

I downloaded k-9, still trying to figure out how to copy..

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

what's K-9?

I downloaded k-9, still trying to figure out how to copy..

Open the email, go to menu/more/select text - slide your finger across the text that you want to select. Then go to the place you want to paste it and if it's a K-9 new email , long press where you want to paste and select paste from the menu that pops up.

Nebben

Reaction score
Yeah, but there is still no way to see what's on the clipboard. Without an app.