CoPilot Live GPS app anyone use it?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by scajjr, Nov 27, 2009.

1. scajjr

scajjr New Member

Saw an app in the Marketplace called Co Pilot Live -US. It's a turn-by-turn voice GPS app. A special price through Sunday, $20. No monthly fees, wonder if it's any good.

Anyone know of it or use it?

Sam
  2. derpudel

derpudel New Member

I have a friend who uses this software on his laptop in their RV and sets it up on their trips while driving. It seems to do a good job of onscreen directions, altho I don't recall when riding with them hearing any voice directions given. I would suppose this application in the Marketplace is by the same folks, and can only assume that it works as well as their software for PC's.
  3. mhotovec

mhotovec New Member

It seems as though we'll have the Google Maps turn by turn available to us on December 11th when we can upgrade to Android 2.0 (talking about the Eris, btw). Personally I'll wait to see how that works before I spend money on an app. If I don't like it, THEN I'll start shopping. I have however tried the free Nav4All app. So far only tried it on my drive from work to home, but it seemed to work OK.
  4. xfeathersx

xfeathersx New Member

I have nav4all installed and it works nicely for me as well...I'll use this app until the upgrade is out...
  5. phytphyr

phytphyr New Member

i havedroid and turn by turn goggle works great and it is free and even speaks street names!
  6. xfeathersx

xfeathersx New Member

2 of my friends have google maps and they love it also...I basically travel in the spring/summer, so for around here to go shopping nav4all works for me..lol
  7. gotti

gotti New Member

I have Co-pilot on my eris and it works nice. Not like the ones where it tells you to turn right on a straight road! The only thing wrong with it is that its a lil bit laggy sometimes.
  8. MCZ_1997

MCZ_1997 New Member

I'd like to give this a bump as the OP is very old.

Pretty much I'm looking for an app that will allow me to change the route to whatever I want, since lots of times there are multiple routes to take. Does CoPilot allow this? Google Maps will not, nor will it allow me to navigate using info entered in My Maps. I tried putting in a layer with the route I wanted to take, but there is no way to navigate along it.

Any info that anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.
Search tags for this page

copilot gps anyone use

does copilot gps work on droid bionic

does copilot work with motorola droid x