Coolest stand I have ever seen

baniels

Reaction score
Ordered mine on Friday. Arrived here in Iowa yesterday. He shipped on Saturday as promised.

Were these made on a CNC table? The score lines suggest it wasn't die-cut.

Impressed by the simplicity of the idea.

GoGoStand

Reaction score
Ordered mine on Friday. Arrived here in Iowa yesterday. He shipped on Saturday as promised.

Were these made on a CNC table? The score lines suggest it wasn't die-cut.

Impressed by the simplicity of the idea.

Hi baniels,
You're right; the smoke and clear are made on a CNC table. Talk about labor-intensive huh? These are being made from what material my manufacturer has left in his Georgetown, TX shop. He stacks 3 or 4 sheets on top of each other, sandwiched between two sheets of aluminum and cuts out 8 which 24 at a time.. Then when that's done, he deburrs by hand and also stamps in the creases with his press and a custom made jigg.

The other colors are die cut.

Snowman and shades: I'm not sure why that first youtube link is broken in the original post, but if you go to GoGoStand: it goes where you go! there's videos on there too.

-Dean

mitchb2

Reaction score
These are being made from what material my manufacturer has left in his Georgetown, TX shop.

-Dean

Hey! I've been trying to find a job around Georgetown/Austin/Round Rock.
Got anything for me? :)

baniels

Reaction score
Cool. I used to operate an autometrix cutting table for packaging mock-ups. We would do a lot of clear pvc boxes and package windows. Looking at the stand brought back memories.

I'm not sure I understand the aluminum sheets in between - he cuts through the aluminum also?

Hi baniels,
You're right; the smoke and clear are made on a CNC table. Talk about labor-intensive huh? These are being made from what material my manufacturer has left in his Georgetown, TX shop. He stacks 3 or 4 sheets on top of each other, sandwiched between two sheets of aluminum and cuts out 8 which 24 at a time.. Then when that's done, he deburrs by hand and also stamps in the creases with his press and a custom made jigg.

Snowman and shades: I'm not sure why that first youtube link is broken in the original post, but if you go to GoGoStand: it goes where you go! there's videos on there too.

-Dean

GoGoStand

Reaction score
Just 2 sheets of aluminum, top and bottom. Otherwise the polypropylene sheets would flop around. He cuts through the aluminum too. So, in case you were wondering, yes, he's got a few aluminum gogostands laying around the shop :) Except they're a little difficult to fold.

Cool. I used to operate an autometrix cutting table for packaging mock-ups. We would do a lot of clear pvc boxes and package windows. Looking at the stand brought back memories.

I'm not sure I understand the aluminum sheets in between - he cuts through the aluminum also?

Hi baniels,

-Dean

toastedoats

Reaction score
Got my GoGo stands in the mail today. Super quick shipping.

I am in love with these. By far the best phone accessory I have ever purchased!

I strongly recommend the bronze, it looks so awesome and the goldishness compliments the droid well!

sharpz

Reaction score
the link does not work, can anyone show me what they are referring too?

- Never mind I figured it out! Sorry bout that!

Last edited: